My Eris will be here tomorrow! :-D I'm sure I'll be here a lot!General

Last Updated:

1. zerovertex

zerovertex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all! I'll be in here a bunch. My current phone is a HTC Apache with Windows Mobile 6.1. I've had it for about 3 years. I've broken the USB port, so I have to charge my battery in a desktop charger and switch batteries every morning. I've done just about everything I can thing of possible on this little phone and it has served me well. My wife has a Razr, but she was interested in a Blackberry. I showed her the Verizon BOGO special and ordered a our Droid Eris' last night. I'm a Linux user and am really excited to have a phone that is running it. Also, I am a die-hard Google user, so I'm looking forward to all the Google integration. I've read through the tips and tricks and battery tips, which aren't too different than what I'm use to doing on the Apache. Does anyone have any additional tips for me, coming from the Apache and Windows Mobile, or my wife, coming from the Razr?

Advertisement
  2. jamezelle

jamezelle Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum. :)

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Hi zerovertex, welcome to the forum and please ignore the more childish amongst us. :D

If your wife is not used to smart phones, then my one suggestion would be to walk her through everything a little bit at a time. I did this with my girlfriend and it made a world of difference for her.

Hope you enjoy the phone(s) and we'll see you around.

4. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

5. antnyp85

antnyp85 Well-Known Member

Welcome! The Eris is a good phone. Just make sure you go through the already-posted forums and check out the tips/tricks people have posted, etc. They will come in very helpful. I've gone through a bunch of them and have learned a lot about my phone. We're here to help if you have any issues/concerns.

6. smacky

smacky Banned

Take the time to read the tips posted in the Tips and Tricks section before you make any new threads. You have no idea how frustrating it becomes when the same question is asked thirty times a month. Like the 2.1 upgrade. Don't ask, we have a thread for it.

Just letting ya know. It's a pet peeve of mine, but we're not here to entertain me, but it does get irritating for others as well and topics go astray real fast. Like the first two responses to you thread.

Your paragraph was fine. It's not like it was a novel with no paragraphs. :)

7. zerovertex

zerovertex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The snow is coming down in Alabama and I hope it doesn't effect the FedEx guy.

@ Ryobi - I found my enter button on my keyboard. Thanks for the tip! :p

8. dressagerider

dressagerider Well-Known Member

I just switched from the htc imagio to the eris and I am really pleased! I am sure you will like your new phones - good luck!

9. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow nor dark of night....right? :rolleyes:

10. odaxium

odaxium Well-Known Member

pfft... don't need no stinkin enter button

11. betg1492

betg1492 Active Member

Welcome to the forums and i hope you enjoy the community :)