• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My HTC Evo 3D is recieving texts late!

noting the error number can shed some light on the issue.

even though they are the same devices, they are running differently since they each have different apps installed over the other.

does this happen at home as well as anywhere else or does it only happen at certain locations?

is the phone on wifi or cellular when this occurs?

rooted phone or stock? even its its rooted with stock firmware that can change things.

the messages she is not getting on time, are they from the same people? does it happen on any carrier?

is google voice in the mix?

when you text her from your phone when you are next to each other (therefore using the same tower and/or wifi network if applicable) does she always get your messages or are yours late/delayed as well?

trying to stimulate the conversation more. this thread has some similar issues that may or may not be what your wife is experiencing.

Upvote 0
Cause Code: 64
Error Class: 2

It happens everywhere, all the time.

The phone is on WiFi at home and 3G/Cellular abroad.

100% stock Evo3D.

The messages come late (or never) regardless of the person or carrier.

No google voice.

When I text her from my phone sitting right next to each other she will not get it until later. If she sends me a text I also do not get it until later even though I get texts on time from everyone else.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
of course you have done the PRL/profile updates.

is her phone on the same account as yours?

when she attempts to send a message, does she get an error with a triangle stating the message could not be sent, or is this a sprint specific error code that pops up?

worse (and rare) case it could be something internal but does not sound like it is...

Upvote 0
Yes I have done PRL/Profile. (I have even tried updating the PRL/Profile at other locations in Phoenix)

Her phone is on the same account, yes.

Yes. She gets the red triangle and the Cause Code I posted above. After several attempts to send messages it will say the message has sent & the red triangle disappears, but I will not get it for several hours. (Even though I get messages normally from other people.)

I have gone through the phones settings sitting next to each other, line by line, to make sure they are both the same. All settings are identical except the hardware version. I have 001 and she has 002.

Upvote 0
once the triangle goes away the text is sent so its up the the carriers to handle the back office tasks to get the text to the recipient.

sounds like RF issues. does she have a case on? if so, remove it and test.

does she have a lot of apps? does she use any 3rd party sms apps? even if she does not use them does she have them installed?

can she stream youtube over the cellular connection? what about sprint tv?

if she can that should be a good sign its probably not the radio or anything physical with the phone.

did this just start happening? how long? did she install or uninstall anything prior to this issue?

using an airave?

Upvote 0
once the triangle goes away the text is sent so its up the the carriers to handle the back office tasks to get the text to the recipient.

sounds like RF issues. does she have a case on? if so, remove it and test.

does she have a lot of apps? does she use any 3rd party sms apps? even if she does not use them does she have them installed?

can she stream youtube over the cellular connection? what about sprint tv?

if she can that should be a good sign its probably not the radio or anything physical with the phone.

did this just start happening? how long? did she install or uninstall anything prior to this issue?

using an airave?

Upvote 0
She does have a case. I removed it. Testing now. Edit: With the case off, no change. Still not sending or receiving.

She does not have a lot of apps. Much less than I do. No 3rd party SMS programs either.

We cannot (either of us) stream anything over our 3G/Cellular at home. It's one of the reasons we are having to switch carriers.

This has been happening for about 4 weeks. Before then text messaging was never a problem. (Although we have never been able to call or use 3G reliably in our location.)

No air-rave. We used to have one but Sprint asked us to return it. (Plus is caused more problems than it helped.)

Edit #2: Just tried a battery pull because, what the heck, why not? lol

Upvote 0
perplexing for sure.

at this point whats left is:

contact sprint, get to level 2 at least and have them look at the account. perhaps see if they can re send some OTA update or force a profile reset on their end.

head to a corp store and have them smoke it over.

factory reset.

all of the obvious things have been answered.

one more thing, does this issue occur at the exact same times or completely random?

also are there pockets of time where the phone sends and receives normally?

Upvote 0
I already contacted Sprint and had them reset the profile and even re-activate the line through a ## code system. (Would have done it myself but it requires a password.)

Completely random (All the time)

There are no periods of time where it always works perfectly. Whereas my phone (the same phone, same location) is operating like usual. (Poor reception & 3G but it has always texted fine)

Looks like I'm going to have to factory reset it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones