• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NYC Launch Day Events

Dunno, man...I looked around a year ago and rents on tiny apartments were still $2500+. Not sure how much that has changed but doing the math, my girlfriend and I would need to make a good deal more than we make now in order to keep any kind of similar standard of living. Anyway it was just curiosity. I know people who think I'm nuts to pay $1500/month to rent a townhouse in Baltimore when the burbs have houses for less, etc. It's all a matter of where you work and the amenities IMO. proximity to things and bonuses like Wimax make it worth the extra couple hundred a month.

The good part about NYC is you dont have to live in the middle of Manhattan to get the full NYC experience. Here in the Bronx (north east so its mainly houses) we pay around $1700 for a two family house. Only a 20min train ride to midtown.

So unless you really need to or want to live in the city, then you can find much better deals (and quieter) in the outer boroughs.

Back on topic, depending on the upfront price, I may not wait till my upgrade in Sep to get this phone and just buy it straight up. Or I may still wait a month or 2 and see how much it is on ebay.

Upvote 0
The good part about NYC is you dont have to live in the middle of Manhattan to get the full NYC experience. Here in the Bronx (north east so its mainly houses) we pay around $1700 for a two family house. Only a 20min train ride to midtown.

So unless you really need to or want to live in the city, then you can find much better deals (and quieter) in the outer boroughs.

Back on topic, depending on the upfront price, I may not wait till my upgrade in Sep to get this phone and just buy it straight up. Or I may still wait a month or 2 and see how much it is on ebay.

if you have the money, you could always try and buy it upfront for the full price. then buy it again in sept with your discount and sell the second phone on ebay for full value to recoup the original extra money you spent

Upvote 0
if you have the money, you could always try and buy it upfront for the full price. then buy it again in sept with your discount and sell the second phone on ebay for full value to recoup the original extra money you spent

That I could do, but the upgrade is more valuable to me for a future phone that may blow this phone out the water.

I just like to keep my options open :D

And another side note is, there still is no 4g in ny yet. That and the fact that i dont want one of the 1st batch of phones that may give problems.

Upvote 0
Austin, TX? That's awesome. I'm visiting in August and am looking at Austin to relocate. You guys like it there?

Where you coming from? I love Austin. It's very laid back, very 'green' and has great access to the outdoors. It's also very left, politically, which is rare in Texas.

Only things here are the traffic, allergies and summer heat if it gets bad. But hey!

Oh, and Zombies...
7.jpg

Reactions: esone1ll
Upvote 0
Where you coming from? I love Austin. It's very laid back, very 'green' and has great access to the outdoors. It's also very left, politically, which is rare in Texas.

Only things here are the traffic, allergies and summer heat if it gets bad. But hey!

I'm coming from NYC, of course :)

You listed everything I want from a home: laid back, green, outdoorsy, left, hot. Traffic ain't no thang...

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm new to this forum, so forgive me, but who's rebella? It looks like they are in the know, based on the number of thanks in that post, but I'm still curious as to who that poster is.

There has been some external confirmation, but rebella (claims to be / is ) a Sprint employee who has met with HTC about the device.

Reactions: tokuzumi
Upvote 0
I'm going to Best Buy in 1st Colony Blvd and SW Freeway (59). Anyone coming to that area? :D

I am in Houston as well, but not sure which store I will be going too. When the Palm Pre came out----somebody got a hold of the inventory levels for all the Best Buys around the country and posted them to PreCentral--I made my choice based on that. I am not sure if that will be necessary this time around if they allow us to Pre-order, but we'll see soon enough.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones