• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NYC Launch Day Events

No comment.

Work ~ I'm in finance. And life here is a trade off, long hours ~ we typically hate our jobs - for really good pay and access to promotions and other opportunities most other cities don't have.

I wouldn't say I hate my job- I'm in legal and yes the hours are long, but I guess having a great working environment makes it bearable. But yes, pay tends to be higher to accommodate the increased COL.

And I'm generally only afforded the opportunity to browse the forums once I get home or during my lunch break (which I barely take). Luckily I have the week off so I can afford to browse all things Evo this week in anticipation for Friday. :)

Reactions: jgangsta
Upvote 0
I wouldn't say I hate my job- I'm in legal and yes the hours are long, but I guess having a great working environment makes it bearable. But yes, pay tends to be higher to accommodate the increased COL.

And I'm generally only afforded the opportunity to browse the forums once I get home or during my lunch break (which I barely take). Luckily I have the week off so I can afford to browse all things Evo this week in anticipation for Friday. :)
Ah, no wonder you're in midtown :)

I'm in law too, and that Best Buy is the nearest one to my work as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones