Official MetroPCS BYOD discussion thread

Last Updated:

1. elcocho852

elcocho852 Well-Known Member

@mike28
    They told you that because they are just going to switch your plan to the current 60 dollar unlimited 4g plan which doesn't include rhapsody.

Advertisement
    mike28 likes this.
  2. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Good question lol
  3. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I thought so. :D

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
    mike28 likes this.
  4. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

That's correct
  5. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Just a little off topic but damn that was a sweet drifting vid. Though to be honest at first I thought he was going to lose his shit.
  6. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

new optimus likes this.
  7. new optimus

8. BigKeenan

BigKeenan Well-Known Member

So today I went to a metropcs authorized dealer. Although they had all of the byod posters and what not on the walls, they haven't received any sim cards yet. Anybody else experience this?
  9. MrGlowy

MrGlowy Well-Known Member

10. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

11. MrGlowy

MrGlowy Well-Known Member

Luckily I live in one
  12. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

skip the play at best, its basically the sgs3 international (but with a much lesser used cpu/gpu). the life one/view if you are gunna go with them. the life view has a 5.7 inch screen

[​IMG]
    here is a comparison of the phone sizes, i went with the sgs3 due to more of you knowing its size. the life one is a note2 sized device, while teh view is more of a note 3/mega 5.9. its also 300 bucks and at that price id honestly consider the nexus 4.

blu is cool and looks nice but without lte and a known brand you are never certain on how often it will get updates/root/cm etc...
    Twin Prime likes this.
  13. fabdogg

fabdogg Member

does anyone know if a htc one x will work? also i live in sacramento but BYOD is not here yet but it is in san francisco, so can i activate it in san francisco and use it in sacramento? thanks in advance...
  14. new optimus

The one x does not have the 1700 frequency which is what most of tmobile hspa runs on, however sacramento has some refarming so it would work partially, plus the one x has LTE so if that is available that works.

check specs here and check if your street has a refarmed tower here

15. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Well-Known Member

I live down the street from a refarmed tower.. and theres a bunch in my area but none are covering my home..would i still get lte as its a general area or does it have to cover my house?
  16. new optimus

Do you know where the LTE towers are? have you checked Coverage Maps | Sensorly to see if anyone has mapped lte near your home?

And finally do you have a phone you can test with?
    Bishop99 likes this.
  17. Bishop99

Bishop99 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link! According to that, I have a MetroPCS 4G, tower I guess, on the next street from where I live. When I switched it over to the T-mobile 4g, the tower was about a mile away. I currently have a 3g Metro PCS phone so I can't test out any 4g speeds, but I'm interested in seeing what speeds I can get once I upgrade to the GS4.

Right now on my 3g phone, I average about 0.72 mbps to 1.15 mpbs during the day from my home, and at nights I average about 1.30 mpbs to 1.70 mpbs. Highest I got was 1.91 mpbs.
  18. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

It's not showing towers its showing the signal at that point.
    Bishop99 likes this.
  19. Bishop99

Bishop99 Well-Known Member

I see. Thanks!
  20. new optimus

yes sensorly shows where people are and to an extent the strength of the signal when they map it.

So if your seeing dark color on the next street over thats a strong signal. Light color means very low signal.
    Bishop99 likes this.
  21. Joshuah22a

No idea where there tmob lte towers are ...

no I don't have a phone to test with but I checked the page you provided and there's good amounts of tmob 4G around me..
  22. Joshuah22a

showing very light 4G for tmobile in my surrounding neighborhood
  23. new optimus

If there shows good amounts around you then using a lte phone you should be good.

Your fall back may only be edge if the refarmed tower isnt close though.
  24. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

What phone would you be using?
  25. Joshuah22a

Lol i just mapped my whole area in 4g metro..lol..kinda fun