• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA update beginning 7/16

I was too impatient for the OTA so I followed these instructions to install the update manually and it worked perfectly. I recommend a factory reset after 2.1 update though becaues it fixes many problems. Just installed the latest update manually and I'm running smoothly.

Here is the link. http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/78440-installing-ota-2-1-file.html

Upvote 0
Got my update yesterday. I'm also one of the users that has had no problems and hoping that this update doesn't mess that up. After seeing what the Droid X does - our son just got that last week, my droid seems slow didn't think so before I used his phone. Oh well - will have to wait for my 2 years to run out or something major happens. Still love the phone and finding things out about it that I didn't know it could do.

Upvote 0
I got my update 2 days ago. I kept ignoring the alert because I wanted to find more out before I updated...last time it really just messed everything up and I was not a happy camper, and it took a while for things to settle back down to where I was happy again with my phone.

Now, I can't find the update anywhere! I tried the "checkin" and it was successful but I still don't have the update. Is there anywhere else I can look around for it? Am I just out of luck now?

I find myself wanting an Iphone more and more now...

Upvote 0
I got my update 2 days ago. I kept ignoring the alert because I wanted to find more out before I updated...last time it really just messed everything up and I was not a happy camper, and it took a while for things to settle back down to where I was happy again with my phone.

Now, I can't find the update anywhere! I tried the "checkin" and it was successful but I still don't have the update. Is there anywhere else I can look around for it? Am I just out of luck now?

I find myself wanting an Iphone more and more now...
This thread will help you update manually. I ran it this morning with no issues and phone works great.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/125309-new-ota-download-link-7-17-a.html

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones