• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclocked!

Odinist

Mar 18, 2010
Okc, OK
198019_1819064927744_1573784234_31811572_6408138_n.jpg

Not Adryn's kernel. Alpha release, but so far so good.

Drod's 1.5 seems to run faster and smoother than that 1.6. I've tried both of them and prefer Drod's. What do you think this is gonna do to battery life? Are either of the kernels low voltage?

I agree. The 1.5 kernel is definitely smoother than the 1.6. Not sure if they're undervolted or not... People have been asking on XDA for Drod to post a thread about it, but I haven't seen any pop up yet.

Upvote 0
Hows yer battery treatin ya so far? Temp? Yer favorite color?

Battery with that kernel wasn't as bad as you'd expect, but I wouldn't use it as my everyday. Phone did get warmer than normal, but not burning my hands hot. Cobalt blue. =)

:eek:

what kernal is that with?

It's one that Drod posted on his Twitter.

I'm currently running Das BAMF 1.3 with the kernel it comes with. It's only an OC to 1.2GHz, but overall it is easily the best software I've tried on this thing so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones