• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Planning to upgrade to HTC desire

hi!

I am planning to buy HTC desire. I am eying for the desire for over a month now. I see good reviews of it. I have an android phone which is X10 mini pro. I seems the screen size and internal memory capacity is taking its toll on me. I wish to upgrade to HTC desire.

what can you guys advise me?
what are the things I need to consider before buying it?

hope you can share some infos.

thanks.:)

Surely rooting will not free up space in itself? Don't you need to root AND install a new rom?

rooting simply gives you superuser access, which is a platform to modify as you desire (excuse the pun)

See the rooting FAQ in my sig for more information on rooting.

There are several ways to go about increasing your memory.

1) Yes, you could install a custom rom with an a2sd script (apps2sd+ FAQ in sig)

2) You could add init.d support to your existing rooted rom and flash an a2sd script

3) You could add init.d support to your existing rooted rom and flash data2sd

4) You could S-off and use an alternative partition table

5) You could S-off and use a custom mtd partition layout

Options 2-5 do not require a new rom. Some are more involved than others.

My original post was not neccessarily supposed to be informative. I was simply warning the OP that buying a desire will not cure his memory problems without modification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones