• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please list Droid X froyo bugs, problems, glitches

We have two DroidX phones, and both are now updated to Froyo. On one though we're able to make calls but there's no audio. You can't hear who you called nor can they hear you. I'm digging around the forums to see if i can find a solution or setting that may have been changed inadvertently since I've yet to see anyone else having this problem, but worse case I'll call support or do a reset.

Upvote 0
i thought with 2.2 you could potentially move any/all of your apps to the SD card. i am finding that majority of the apps i have. the button to move to SD card is greyed out and i can't move it off the phone.

There is a free app on the market called move to SD i think i used to have it on my original droid, it searches yoru phones and find all the apps that can be moved so you dont have to spend all that time your self, but i dont care much about moving stuff anymore because the X has so much built in space.
And some apps become slower, like my Dolphin browser because way too laggy. hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0
me too on battery manager force closing all the time now. Ugh.

And I hate the now too weak haptic feedback.

And agreed, the market is hiding certain protected/private apps.

And the vibrate / silent issue is also bothersome. As above, I liked loud -> quiet -> vibrate -> silent.

Otherwise, everything seems okay. I can't comment on battery life because I have been reconfiguring it almost non-stop.

Go to the market. There's a FREE beautiful silent widget. If you put it on your screen, by touching it, your phone will go silent.

Upvote 0
We have two DroidX phones, and both are now updated to Froyo. On one though we're able to make calls but there's no audio. You can't hear who you called nor can they hear you. I'm digging around the forums to see if i can find a solution or setting that may have been changed inadvertently since I've yet to see anyone else having this problem, but worse case I'll call support or do a reset.

I'm sure you tried this already, but in the settings menu under "sound", there a SEVERAL settings that could potentially be the cause/solution. One option at the very top, if selected, will silence everything except media and alarm. If your solution isn't in the sound menu, just call tech support. Also, go to settings, call settin lostgs, then play around with the tty mode. Make sure it's off.

Upvote 0
to fix the text messaging issue you need to delete your current inbox and start over. then all new messages coming in will be ok,

using handscent and sending a MMS i get "nationwide coverage not available" hmm

i did this and deleted all my text threads
and the following text i receive
its the same result...
the time appears 3 hours ahead...
zzzZZzz

i live in las vegas if this makes any difference

is there any other solution for this?
i just got rid of all my texts for nothing..

Upvote 0
Seems like some of my notification tones are getting reset to the default...

Same here. I've only noticed it with email so far. It seems that whenever I soft reset the phone, the notification ring tone is set to the default.

I had one custom ringtone set up for calls, and a different one for my wife and home numbers. After the update, they all defaulted to the regular ringtone I used. I had to reapply the different one to my contacts. So far, my email notification stayed the same as it was before 2.2. I haven't tested my text notification yet, as I get most of them during work when it's on vibrate.

Upvote 0

Dialing *22899 will resolve most phone issues I thought my phone had no issues until I tried calling on it. It would make and receive calls, but neither party could hear the other. I called tech support. They had me dial *22899. This reset my phone and the issue was resolved. The tech told me I can post the number on the forum so you all can get more immediate results. It's simple and fast and won't change anything on your phone.

Upvote 0
I can say that i had alot of problems after the update. Last night i did a factory reset and reloaded my apps one by one (do not use a backup file it does not work). This has since resolved my issues as far as i can tell after a day of heavy use. Only thing i notice now is i have very short battery life. That for me is resolved by having chrgers everywhere. I hope this helps!!

Upvote 0
i did this and deleted all my text threads
and the following text i receive
its the same result...
the time appears 3 hours ahead...
zzzZZzz

i live in las vegas if this makes any difference

is there any other solution for this?
i just got rid of all my texts for nothing..
You got some bad intel there, from that person. The time stamp problem is a moto software problem. You could delete all your texts from now until eternity and it won't fix the time stamp issue.

From what I gather, the time stamp is off because the system is reporting it as GMS instead of your actual time zone. Like mine, the time stamp in the stock messaging app shows the correct time, but if I go to history it is off by 4 hours. Apparently handcent shows the same time as history.

Its listed as a hot topic over at the moto forums. Lots of pissed off people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones