• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ( Port ) Galaxy 1.6 on the Behold 2 Final

I don't want to be rude, but some folks need to read thru all the posts b4 putting up questions. I see a lot of them answered two or three times. Also, keep them relevant. If you're in this thread and u don't know how to odin or adb yet, then figure it out and come back, there are other threads devoted entirely to those processes. BH_MAN and others in this thread are obviously much more patient people than I.

Upvote 0
Ok so let me get this strate, we unzip the .Zip file too the .Md5 and then load it too the pda?

1. Unzip the zip file.
2. Open Up ODIN Multi Downloader
3. Click the OPS button and choose Behold2_partition.ops
4. Click the PDA button and choose the md5 file (for this current release choose BH_MAN_DONUT_R1.tar.md5)
5. Turn off Phone.
6. Plug phone into USB.
7. Put phone in download mode (Vol Down + OK + END Button)
8. Wait till detected and press START.
9. Enjoy the Port.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
also looks like i got hit with the galaxy's no sleep bug. "running" battery usage is at 100% while "screen on" is only at 40% and "phone" is at 5.5%. hope this can be fixed in a new release using the newer galaxy image. here is more info on the bug:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/48099-i7500xefjb2-phone-never-sleeps.html

Yup. Im bleeding battery also. Charged to 100% and went work out. 3:30hr later im down to 55%. Sent out 5 texts and playing with home screen. Wifi/BT/3G off.

Its all good. Waiting for revision when BH_MAN rdy to upload. Im here to enjoy the ride and appreciate his work. hehe

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones