• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [RELEASE] Live Wallpapers for 2.0.1

HAs anyone checked your temps with this new wallpaper install? My story consist of this. After trying to install a corupted 2.0.6 file for a full day to go from 2.0.3. i finally had a guy(humpa) send me the correct file and i installed 2.0.6 and wow 1200 is fast and now temp monitor can read proc temps which is nice. Well at 1200 i was running so cool all day, no heat at all i was amazed. But i could not stop at that, stupid me. When i read about the live walla papers i had t have them like everyone else. It seemed easy to do, just put file on sd card and run recovery and install over 2.0.6. I did and whola i have live BAM! i have live walla papers, except before i even tryed to play with them, holy cow my phone just immediatly got hot, i mean hot to the touch, and my temps shot up from a normal 95 degree to as high as 116 without running papers mind you. So i underclocked each step loosing some heat each time, i am now down to 600 which sucks btw, and im still hitting 105 107ish, then i tried the walla papers,( the cool part) well at 600 turning them on my temp spiked back up top 116 at 600 mghtz, i felt uncomfortable then and pulled battery. I can hardly run my phone now much less run these sweet papers, so im fishing for answers, any help would be appreciated. Keep in mind that i did have no lock ups of reboots, but i did do several battery pulls and still have the heat issue now. I told myself that when i started this adventure in rooting and Ocing and modding that i would make my temp limit 115 unless i hear otherwise, i really don't want to burn my phone up.

Upvote 0
Im running 2.0.6 with live wallpapers at 1GHZ and my temp is at 29C, ive had one time when my screen went blank and had to do a battery pull when i first tried to open the gallery, but since then i havent had any problems.
i wish i had that problem, im having to turn back to 600 just to do anything without running papers now.They are trying to help me install a jar file to help fix this but im a noob and it seems hard

Upvote 0
Okay, I tried installing the rom over sholes 2.0.6 and it kept booting into recovery mode. I did the backup recovery and went back to 2.0.6 without the live wallpapers. Am I missing something?
Thats what i did, i loaded it over sholes 6 an then just let it do its thing. Then after it was done, i selected reboot, an it took a little longer than normal to reboot, which scared me for a minute, but then it loaded up just fine. luck of the draw i guess LOL

Upvote 0
Ok, so I was running BB 0.7.9 just fine with live papers, then I figured I would try out BBeast 1.0. After I installed it I noticed the live papers were gone (changelog said they were there), so I grabbed the rom to reinstall. Now none of the "stock" papers will load, they just FC when I select them, yet all of my market installed ones work just fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones