• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ringtones

Once you assign it and you are done are you scrolling to the bottom of your people and making sure you hit SAVE

Here's how I try to set a ringtone.
People
I chose the contact. For this demonstration, I will choose my dad.
When his contact page opens, I scroll down to the information section, and press the down arrow in the ringtone box. I select the ringtone. It plays the ringtone, I hit OK. Now, when I scroll down to the Information page, it no longer says default, now it has the name of the ringtone under the designation "Ringtone".

I back out and that person will call me. The default ringer, which is also an MP3 Ringtone that I made with ringdroid plays instead.

It is like this for all contacts. And this doesn't just stop at custom ringtones, the HTC ringtones that came with the phone won't play either, unless they've been designated as the default.

I have the newest radio update, the latest PRL, the Fresh 2.1.2. I can't honestly think of anything that would cause this. Thanks for trying to help.

I mean, if this is the worst problem, I will live with it, but it does bother me.

EDIT: I just tried setting my home phone as a phone contact instead of a google sync contact, to see if that made any difference.

Nope.

Upvote 0
Maybe it's a ringdroid problem? Try using a plain mp3 file as a ring tone, here i'll give you one of mine to test. Transfer it via usb to /media/audio/ringtones

Lemme know if that works. Like i said maybe it's a ringdroid problem instead of a phone problem.

Nope. The phone still defaults to the "Default" ringtone, whether it's an mp3, or one that came with the phone.

I really appreciate you're trying to help me. I just think we've run out of ideas. Frankly, that pisses me off, but it's not the end of the world.

Oh, and my ringtones were /sd/media/audio/ringtones, and now it's /sd/media/ringtones, neither of which work.

Upvote 0
Maybe it's a ringdroid problem? Try using a plain mp3 file as a ring tone, here i'll give you one of mine to test. Transfer it via usb to /media/audio/ringtones

Lemme know if that works. Like i said maybe it's a ringdroid problem instead of a phone problem.

Thanks for the ringtone thats pretty good. Do you have any email notification sound that you can post up too. Newbie to Adroid thanks.

Upvote 0
Alright, here's the new scoop. When I moved the ringtones folder, it caused the default ringer to revert back to a loud bleating beep. But, then I went to my individuals with ringtones, and discovered that they had also been reverted to Default(17). When I put their ringtones back to what I had before, they seemed to be working. Then, I went to the audio settings, set the ringtone for default, and all seems to be working. FOR NOW....

Thanks everyone for your help. We'll just have to let time pass to see if this remains in working condition.

Upvote 0
Oh. Em. Gee. I got my first "Thanks"

SWEET! I'd like to thank God, and the academy, and my family for always believing in me... We did it honey!

Anyways, to mtrajano00 re: ringtones

I have uh...(looks) 47 ringtones at the moment that i made from my music collection. I wont post them all... actually... Well i guess i could, it's only 16 megs. Here's a link to a zip file of all of them.
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

There's a list of them at the bottom of this post in a txt file.
although it wont tell you the artists/albums on this list, when you look at properties/details it will give you the artist, album, year, and all that good stuff.

First off. Make sure you put your calling tones that you want in:
sd card/media/audio/ringtones
Your Text/Notification tones go in:
sd card/media/audio/notifications
and Last, your alarm tones would be:
sd card/media/audio/alarms

Now... I have my own tastes for notification tones as opposed to ring tones, and there's a few ringers in there that i made specifically for certain people. My mother's is One Day At A Time by Jeremy Camp. Anyways, there's bound to be some stuff you like, and stuff you don't just check them out and then decide what/if you want to use any as notifications or as ring tones.

They might seem a little low because i had to level out the volume on them using MP3Gain because they sounded terrible on the Hero's speaker before hand, now they sound pretty good.

Anyways, glad I could help, plus i'm always trying to intro people to new music, and i'm sure there will be some stuff in there that's new to you.

FYI, that song i posted was Hero by the band Skillet.

Attachments

• Ringtones.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0
I'm terribly sorry. The other day i couldn't figure out why mine weren't working and then i realized that i had my SD card mounted to my PC so obviously the phone couldn't access the SD card. Maybe you should take it back and tell sprint what's up?

I know it sounds really petty and stupid, but not having custom ringtones would be a deal breaker for me. I make new ones for different people in my phone book all the time(hence the 47 ringtones in the file i posted) So i would go crazy if i had to hear the same ringtone for every single person that called me. Ugh! I feel your pain, believe me. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones