• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ACS] Koni's ELITE Series I - (ES1 - 02/04/11) - Beauty, Say Hello To Speed!!!

Short story long. I was running Myn's Warm Z when I tried to speed up the music/downloads fix did the whole HTTP Proxy 0 stuff. Anywho then I get an email about doing the same thing I have done but with a twist for even better speeds, whenever the update profile comes on the screen hit cancel well of course the next post was DON"T DO THIS ON THE WARM Z ROM! Dang! So phone won't work even when I change the default HTTP Proxy settings back to default. Wi fi does work but 3g radio screwed for phone service. So I flashed the only sort of stock ROM I had left which was Koni's Elite so I could update the PRL or Profile (one of the two) so my phone would work again. Now I forgot when I set up an exchange server email address in Koni's Elite it made me do a password for the phone to unlock... but it's been too long since I was using this ROM to remember the password I set up. None of my "normal" passwords work. Can't get on XDA because I'm at work and the site is blocked. Anyone out there now the default password or a way to get past the password screen lock?

I think I was able to fix my problem. Performed a data wipe found Koni's original ROM on sd card, flashed it and updated PRI and PROFILE. Nandroid restoring Warm Z.

Thanks from the moron in the back of the room

Charles:thinking:

Upvote 0
Great rom. Been running it for over a week now, coming from myn's 2.2. Used the stock 15 kernal for a few days, got about 2 full days out of my battery (while using setcpu). I flashed calkuins modded 15 kernal, and now im easily getting 3 days out of it. Great looks to this rom too.

I am having 3 problems with this rom though, one of which I have solved. With the stock htc sense clock/weather widget, i was getting a random city in the UK, and it would also change my system time too. I solved that by using Simi Clock instead.

The other two I cant figure out. One, everytime i get a voicemail, i get 4 texts from //9016. I know it has to do with voicemail app, but im using the same stock one i was in myns and it worked fine there.

The other problem is my Pandora streaming quality is horrible. Just like it was when we got updated to Froyo and they didnt include the right streaming codec. This is a dealbreaker for me, and I am planning on switching back to myn's soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones