• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][Beta][FINAL] CM7 Android For Triumph [Tickerguy Edition, Kernel: mine] 11/19

I must have had a dumb version of Clockwork, I flashed a different one and it seemed to clear more things during the data wipe than the old one. CM7 booted right up. Ticker, you should throw up a link to clockwork in the first post, just in case.
I had Ivaans version of clockwork and anything I flashed would either boot loop or get stuck on the M logo. Once I flashed the other version everything was gooood. SO yeah it might have been that for u

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if running CM7 makes the camera work any faster? It's dreadfully slow on the stock ROM (and coming from an iPhone4 which is lightning fast for taking pictures) its difficult to take pictures of my 20 month old who moves so quick that to get a shot is near impossible. I know the front camera doesn't work, but I mean specifically the rear one.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to build the rom from source but android.git.kernel.org is down. Could someone provide me with a copy of the source code?

Sent you a PM.

Thanks for the DDMS info. It sees the phone and filesystem but not the running processes. Assuming that's because I don't have cyanogen loaded and the manifests don't have debugging turned on by default.

Upvote 0
Great stuff - this rom is coming together beautifully.
Odd phenomenon - the phone seems to heat up more while charging with the cm7 rom. I swapped back to stock, and the heating issue was gone, swapped back to cm7 and it heats up again. Weird.

I'll confirm this as well I haven't tested long enough but it seems my data my not exactly be faster just way way more consistent. I also notice my screen is like 1000% more responsive and overall the phone is a ton faster again thank you ticker and Isaac!

Upvote 0
I don't remember having this issue with the first release 0.01, but with the new release, 0.02, the home button isn't working for me. Anyone have any ideas or experiencing the same? I factory reset prior to installing, so I am at a loss.

** - Well, it seems to be working now after two restarts...no idea. Anyway, this no longer appears to be an issue for me.

Upvote 0
Hey, many thanks to both developers for your hard work. I'm sure you aren't bug tracking and such yet, being pre-alpha, but if it helps, just figured I'd pop in and let you know that two of the original issues with unlocking are still present, I'm guessing it was in the code used from what they released. They are; occasional inaccuracy in the slider, where it doesn't recognize the touch, and goes the wrong direction until the phone is locked and unlocked, and the odd fuzzy screen bug where once in a while after unlocking everything on the screen seems a little.. jagged, perhaps lower resolution. Locking and unlocking once or a few times resolves it, as it did before.

As previously mentioned, data connection seems the same, but far more reliable, I had zero disconnects today since I installed. Touch is also flawless, the unregistered touch of the back button issue has vanished, although it seems haptic feedback is not working.

Thanks again, this is making the phone a lot more workable. I was regretting spending those three bills up til today.

*edit* Cheap shot at Motorola: It's kind of disturbing that two end users have put out a better version in pre-alpha of the OS than a team of well paid (?) developers. One hopes that Google's potential ownership clears some up some of that.

Reactions: blbeach and pre
Upvote 0
Here's a video guide to installing this (or pretty much any ROM) on the Motorola Triumph: Install CyanogenMod 7 CM7 Tickerguy Edition v0.2 on the Motorola Triumph - How to - YouTube

I've also done a side-by-side boot comparison of the Tickerguy's CM7 v0.2 vs. a stock Motorola Triumph, but they take almost exactly the same amount of time: CyanogenMod 7 (CM7) vs Stock ROM Boot Comparison on the Motorola Triumph - YouTube

Also, I have noticed that under Settings->Dock, the phone doesn't detect that it is docked (unless docked is more than just plugged in).

Reactions: hurricane3
Upvote 0
Things I've Noticed in first few minutes of testing:

Pros:
1.Faster OS as a whole
2.Better Screen Response
3.3G connection seems faster
4.Orange(instead of red) Color LED while USB connect

Cons:
1.Email Force Closes
2.PDAnet does not work
3.Barnacle Issue Persists(I've had issues with barnacle disconnecting from my cpu, with two different wireless adapters, internal PCI and external USB. This didn't change. If anyone can provide me with help on this I'd appreciate it.)
4.Phone Heats up very quickly! This worries me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones