• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][CWM][KERNEL] CM7.2-RC1-requisite0 BETA2

Out of all the phones coming down through the pipeline for MetroPCS that I am honestly interested in is the Samsung Galaxy S III. Even if Samsung did rip ideas from apple the GS3 is a sweet phone. The LG Motion 4G has some sweet specs. However the screen resolution is a bit on the low side. It should have at the very least 400x800. But eh, it is a prepaid carrier.

Upvote 0
Out of all the phones coming down through the pipeline for MetroPCS that I am honestly interested in is the Samsung Galaxy S III. Even if Samsung did rip ideas from apple the GS3 is a sweet phone. The LG Motion 4G has some sweet specs. However the screen resolution is a bit on the low side. It should have at the very least 400x800. But eh, it is a prepaid carrier.

Well the gs3 is coming but its too pricy while the motion is cheap ....even with the small screen you will be mostly focused on the power it holds ...and totally forget about the screen

Upvote 0
With regard to video play back, this worked for us over in the prevail section:

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/524400-cm7-beta-5-youtube-netflix-fix.html

Basically, you just take the stock omx libs (libomx*.so)
And copy/paste them into system/lib

With regard to the lg motion:

recovery n boot are signed!!!
You should explain what that means. You know for the noobish people... :p
i think that means shabby was right and it'll be harder work for recoveries and ect or no recoveries ect. am i right
it means until we can figure a way around it the Motion wont boot with a custom recovery. ;)

Upvote 0

I feel the same way, but might get the motion anyway

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Is this and their-for CM7 on the Admire dead?

From reading this is the RC1 and CM7.2 official has already been released along with many nighty's.

Just inquiring because someones sending me an Admire to decrapify, and CM7.2 is my "comfort" zone.

Thanks!

EDIT: you can probably ignore this, I just read in another thread about it possibly not being dead... well see, still, TYVM

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No. Req is apparently still working on it so whenever he's done you'll see an update i guess

has anyone talked to Req lately though?? the last time i think anyone talked to him was like 2 months ago i think... a lot could change in that time. if this was ever perfected i would definitely use this and see what the hullabaloo about CM is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones