[ROM][JULY 25TH 2012][V20B]Karendar's custom Shine Plus ROM R4 with OC Kernel!

Last Updated:

1. jparasite

jparasite Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping the source for V20B actually compiles, (are they ever gonna release it either, LOL).

Advertisement
  2. karendar

karendar Well-Known Member

Indeed... I'm eagerly waiting for release
  3. jparasite

Will I be able to install this using Amon-Ra 3.0.6? Haha that's the only custom recovery I have available right now.
  4. karendar

Amon Ra 3.06 works fine for me here and it's what I'm using considering Jiilik's clockwork dissapeared... And noone's uploading the recovery. :D

I might have a copy of that recovery on my girlfriend's phone though. Will post back once I get an image of it.
  5. jparasite

If anything, I'll try following jiilik's links and recompiling CWM for our phone.
  6. tommystery

tommystery Member

Recovery from Jiilik's ROM [personal backup]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RENAME recovery-ra-shineplus-3.06-gnm.apk to recovery-ra-shineplus-3.06-gnm.img
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Recovery
    a. Format your SD Card
    b. Download and unzip recoveryflash.zip onto sdcard. You should have a folder called recoveryflash on sdcard after unzipping.
    c. Place the recovery.img you downloaded in this folder in /sdcard/recoveryflash and then turn off sdcard as mass storage . (Do not rename the recovery.img from the download)

recovery-ra-shineplus-3.06-gnm.img MD5: d4ca1d65a05be881f8fd6d54695d8408

d. Reboot phone and wait for sdcard to mount (about 5 - 10 seconds) after you see home screen.
    e. Become root user in abd shell or terminal emulator with command without quotes "su" & you should have a # prompt
    f. Enter these commands in terminal emulator or adb shell # prompt one at a time and press enter after each line. If anyone has trouble with the 1st line you can also use a root enabled explorer like root explorer or estrongs and copy/paste the recoveryflash.sh into /data/local and then start with the 2nd line.
    Code:

IF USING ADB (cmd7.exe):
    adb devices
    adb shell

cat /sdcard/recoveryflash/recoveryflash.sh > /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
    chmod 0755 /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
    /data/local/recoveryflash.sh

g. It will automatically install & reboot you into new recovery. Using the script above your old recovery.img was copied to /sdcard/dump-recovery.img. If you had the stock recovery copy that file to a safe place as running the script again will overwrite it.

Attached Files:

7. jparasite

I just compiled CWM 5.5.0.4, mostly untested that has working USB mounting. The only problem right now is that the screen is REALLY dark.
  8. karendar

Try this through adb shell:

echo 255 > /sys/class/backlight/panel/brightness

It works in recovery... If that works, just add it to the init file, should be a decent workaround

***EDIT*** Send it my way, I'll test it out for you while I'm at it!
  9. karendar

Updated to R3
  10. jparasite

Hey does this have your CRT-off implemented?
  11. BabblingCamel

BabblingCamel Member

I have R2 installed and it's on there.
  12. karendar

As confirmed above, yes this does include CRT off. ;) Files needed for CRT-Off anim:

/system/build.prop
    /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    /system/framework/framework.jar
    /system/lib/libsurfaceflinger.so
    /system/lib/libsurfaceflinger_client.so

**EDIT** If anyone installs R3, please advise me if you have any issues with missing apps or anything else not working. I've had strange behaviors...

As for the 3G speed tweaks, they seem to work. Downloaded a 4 meg app in 5 seconds yesterday. ;)
  13. jparasite

Sounds good. I'm basing my extended power menu mod on R3. I will PM you when it's done if you want to include it for R4.
  14. karendar

Good stuff. I'll include it for sure...

Everyone who tries this by the way, I've had two touchscreen failures (Stops responding completely, needs a reboot) ever since switching to v20B... If anyone has similar, please tell me. Workaround is to slide out keyboard, power down and use arrows to shutdown.

Thanks!
  15. jparasite

Found my old Android work files on my external drive that I hardly ever use, haha. In it is a zipped copy of my mod. Hopefully it works with the V20B sources. If not, I am halfway done recreating my steps (.smali editing is a PITA).

mod_crt_power_ss_v2_signed.zip

EDIT: I just noticed this also includes a build.prop, you might need to overwrite it with your newer build.prop
    karendar likes this.
  16. karendar

Rockin'! Should work fine. Will try it out later today
  17. karendar

Flashed android.policy.jar, chmod 644, everytime I open the power menu, framework-res errors out and restarts. ;) Guess it doesn't work...

I'll try and push the android.policy with the entire ROM.
  18. jparasite

Looks like I'll have to redo the entire change. Resource offsets probably got changed. I'll do it tonight.

Any luck compiling with the new source?
  19. karendar

That's what I thought.

Nope, haven't gotten around to it, I haven't set up my Ubuntu environment to compile anything as of yet... That and I haven't compiled anything in ages. ;) So I'm rusty.
  20. jparasite

Hopefully you can get an OC kernel compiled soon haha, didn't realize how slow 600 MHz feels. I hate .smali editing :(
  21. jparasite

I've managed to get the Extended Power Menu working again, here is the download:

mod_power_ss_v3_signed.zip

Once again, flash at your own risk! I've based the hex-offsets and .smali editing off your latest ROM version. I've also done some testing where I wiped, flashed your ROM, then installed this and it all seems to be working.

Hopefully you can integrate this into R4 of your ROM.
  22. cjmaniac

cjmaniac Well-Known Member

Finally got my new phone in the mail today. Rooted and flashed the newest Rom. Working good so far. Seems to be running about as fast as my old phone with jiiliks v008 running 800mhz. Interested to see how well it will work if overclocking is added again.
  23. karendar

Just compiled a new kernel with Jiilik's OC patches... Cross your fingers that it doesn't blow up in my face. ;) haha
  24. damien1114

damien1114 Active Member

Lets hope! Cause the WiFi problem is pissing me off lol