• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Punisher 0.1 | BIG RELEASE | LG ALLY | VZC | SUPER FAST | STABLE | ANDROID 2.1 | THEMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried to change my incoming ringtones and when i select music it force closes saying the application handcent sms process.com.handcent.nextsms has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.. but when i select android system i can view the stock ones.. i dont know if anyone is having that problem just putting that out there.. i can always work around that and put my music in the android system folder..

Upvote 0
Ok Death I love this Rom. Now is there a way to change the initial sound. What I mean is you know you set it to the punisher quote. I set the notificationn on somthing else and now when I turn it on i t just beeps. I am sorry for such a stupid question But I never have figured that out with any Rom. Again so far my favorite Rom as of yet. The android opening cracks me up. I Love it.
Any one know of a good Weather widget? I liked the one in V3 is that available somewhere.

Are you talking about the news\weather widget that came with Velocity?

If so, just open up the Velocity zip file on your PC and look in the /system/app folder for a file named genie.apk. Extract it from the zip file, put it on your SDCard and then use terminal to install it to the /system folder or just install it as a custom .apk file to your /data folder by long pressing it.

Reactions: death2all110
Upvote 0
Was enjoying this ROM until it started getting really sluggish and running out of space. Was forced to re-flash Velocity .03, which I've had the best luck all around out of any of these ROMS.

Disappointing, since I was ready for something different, even though I really love Trident's work with Velocity.

Haven't tried to mend the problem with Punisher yet, haven't had time..might try some things soon.*shrug*.

I also have issues with my GetGlue app with any add-on, or any ROM it seems other than Velocity 3. Kind of stuck, but in a good place, if you have to be stuck.

Upvote 0
Loving this ROM so far. I haven't had the NAV/Maps problem mentioned above, although I'll try it again to see. I used NAV yesterday and it seemed fine. I had one KP since I flashed it, but it could have been because I was doing about a billion things at once on the phone. So far this has been great on speed and battery life is about the same as stock ROM with the JIT which is about 100000 times greater than 100% stock. Using my phone much more than my wife's 100% stock ally, my battery still outlasts her by a long shot... like she was in the red and I had 65% remaining (we get up and unplug at the same time).

One dumb question... if I'm thinking of putting this on my wifes ally as well, can I DL the zip, open it, edit the PNGs in framework to make it a little more fem, then flash it? I feel like this would be quicker than flashing it then making a MM theme for her, but I've never tried it and don't want to F anything up.

Great job man!

Upvote 0
Is there some trick to activating apps2sd? My SD card is partitioned using ROM Manager, with a FAT32 (7.4GB) and ext4 (.6GB). I've plugged the phone into a linux box and verified that it sees both partitions.

I can successfully install Punisher and use it, but when I download my apps from the Market, they're being installed in system memory (the available system memory decreases by the exact size of the app each time).

I've redone process twice now - reformatting the SD card as all FAT32, then repartitioning and reinstalling.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Is there some trick to activating apps2sd? My SD card is partitioned using ROM Manager, with a FAT32 (7.4GB) and ext4 (.6GB). I've plugged the phone into a linux box and verified that it sees both partitions.

I can successfully install Punisher and use it, but when I download my apps from the Market, they're being installed in system memory (the available system memory decreases by the exact size of the app each time).

I've redone process twice now - reformatting the SD card as all FAT32, then repartitioning and reinstalling.

Thanks.

When you flashed the ROM did you wipe your cache, dalvik cache, adn ext partition? You HAVE to wipe the ext partition to use apps2sd, and it must be done before flashing the new ROM.

Upvote 0

Thanks.

Try opening terminal emulator and run:
Su
A2sd check

If the Dalvik cache is still set to internal storage, run:
A2sd cachesd

Your phone will reboot and you should see the difference. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Loving this ROM so far. I haven't had the NAV/Maps problem mentioned above, although I'll try it again to see. I used NAV yesterday and it seemed fine. I had one KP since I flashed it, but it could have been because I was doing about a billion things at once on the phone. So far this has been great on speed and battery life is about the same as stock ROM with the JIT which is about 100000 times greater than 100% stock. Using my phone much more than my wife's 100% stock ally, my battery still outlasts her by a long shot... like she was in the red and I had 65% remaining (we get up and unplug at the same time).

One dumb question... if I'm thinking of putting this on my wifes ally as well, can I DL the zip, open it, edit the PNGs in framework to make it a little more fem, then flash it? I feel like this would be quicker than flashing it then making a MM theme for her, but I've never tried it and don't want to F anything up.

Great job man!
Yes you can do that. use 7zip to pull and replace. recompiling is a bitch. and when you flash turn off signature verification or you will get bad digest

Upvote 0
Try opening terminal emulator and run:
Su
A2sd check

If the Dalvik cache is still set to internal storage, run:
A2sd cachesd

Your phone will reboot and you should see the difference. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip.

When I run the check, I get:

Code:
Mount Point = /system/sd
Creating /cache/dc
Symlinking /cache/dalvik-cache to /data/dalvik-cache
Starting Apps2SD Check Program
Checking for ext partition
Ext partition found, but not mounted
Your rom may not be set up to run Apps2SD.
Any ideas why it's not mounting?

Thanks,
kyle5434

Upvote 0
Hey Death...just to let you know, really lags when trying to use maps or navigation...fc'd on me with both several times. Had to reflash stock nandroid so i could use it tonight to go somewhere. Other than that, this thing is super fast!

Socobandit - try using setcpu, and enable profiles, if your phone is plugged in when using the maps, set a profile to slow down the processor, so it won't force close, I had the same issue on my Droid1, and that fixed it

Reactions: socobandit
Upvote 0
When you formatted the card for a2sd did you wipe the ext partition after the format and did you format the card after flashing the rom or before?

My primary sequence:

1. I used Rom Manager to create the partition (which I presume completely wipes the card and creates/formats the FAT32 and ext partitions).
2. After it rebooted I mounted the SD card (while it was in the phone) to copy the punisher rom over to the main FAT32 partition.
3. After unmounting the SD card, I fired up Rom Manager again and installed punisher.

I've also tried, when the above didn't get Apps2SD to work:

* Formatting the SD card (within the Android OS) as a precursor to all of the above
* Reformatting the ext partition (via mounting the phone from a linux box and running a partition manager) directly after it was created by Rom Manager

I guess I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks,
kyle5434

Upvote 0
My primary sequence:

1. I used Rom Manager to create the partition (which I presume completely wipes the card and creates/formats the FAT32 and ext partitions).
2. After it rebooted I mounted the SD card (while it was in the phone) to copy the punisher rom over to the main FAT32 partition.
3. After unmounting the SD card, I fired up Rom Manager again and installed punisher.

I've also tried, when the above didn't get Apps2SD to work:

* Formatting the SD card (within the Android OS) as a precursor to all of the above
* Reformatting the ext partition (via mounting the phone from a linux box and running a partition manager) directly after it was created by Rom Manager

I guess I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks,
kyle5434

If your using clockwork try wiping ext from the "Mounts and Storage" menu then "Format sd:ext". Let me know if that returns an error and the error.

Upvote 0
Thats what ive been trying to say. even after formatting the sdcard for a2sd you need to wipe that partition X-(

FOR APPS2SD YOU NEED TO:
1. BACK UP YOUR SDCARD TO YOUR PC
2. BOOT RECOVERY
3. FORMAT SD:EXT
4. WIPE SD:EXT
5. PLACE FILES BACK ON PHONE
6. FLASH ROM, IF ALREADY FLASHED SKIP TO 7
7. BOOT INTO ANDROID
8. START TERMINAL EMULATOR OR ADB SHELL
9. TYPE SU AND PRESS ENTER
10. RUN A2SD CHECK
11. RUN A2SD CACHESD

PHONE SHOULD REBOOT AND YOUR APPS SHOULD BE ON YOUR SDCARD

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones