• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM v3] 2.3.7 GingerXperia Revolution ROM for X8

Hi gabeyong
As per the post mentioned i've installed gingerxperiav8.zip and i saw installation is successful.while rebooting it is strucksup at GIngerxperia screen(image)..Itried both times with v8,v11..same issue
Does it takes somuch of time to reboot(myne is 4gb card and it had very less data)

or Is the installationfails.

I verified baseband and everything is fine..rooting also done correctly

Can you please tell me the procedure if iam missing anything....

Please help me

Upvote 0
Hi gabeyong
As per the post mentioned i've installed gingerxperiav8.zip and i saw installation is successful.while rebooting it is strucksup at GIngerxperia screen(image)..Itried both times with v8,v11..same issue
Does it takes somuch of time to reboot(myne is 4gb card and it had very less data)

or Is the installationfails.

I verified baseband and everything is fine..rooting also done correctly

Can you please tell me the procedure if iam missing anything....

Please help me

Nothing seems to be wrong... did you do a xRecovery <Factory reset - full wipe>?

cheers :)
gabe

Upvote 0
Hi
Yea.In x recovery i clicked custom installation/zip and done the reset.
Installation successful
And i went to reboot..
After rebooting..it first shows sony ericsson screen and then GingerXperia screen image(for V8) and android screen image(for v11)..and it is stopping there.
I wait for abt 30min..and then i removed battery and went to xrecovery and restore my original 2.1 backup

What might be the issue iam not getting..and secondly is still more time take to reboot

Upvote 0
Hi
Yea.In x recovery i clicked custom installation/zip and done the reset.
Installation successful
And i went to reboot..
After rebooting..it first shows sony ericsson screen and then GingerXperia screen image(for V8) and android screen image(for v11)..and it is stopping there.
I wait for abt 30min..and then i removed battery and went to xrecovery and restore my original 2.1 backup

What might be the issue iam not getting..and secondly is still more time take to reboot

The only thing that will make your phone go into a boot loop is the baseband. so I am not sure what is going on with your phone.

cheers :(
gabe

Upvote 0
HI
I checked the base band version.it should be the same that you mentioned
Not sure what went wrong..
I just want to try full new..So how can i uninstall super user etc..is that required..or can i make a retry and need to wait for phone boot hours and hours...or leave as is?

In V11 and V8 cam and everything working fine right?

Thanks for your prompt

Upvote 0
HI
I checked the base band version.it should be the same that you mentioned
Not sure what went wrong..
I just want to try full new..So how can i uninstall super user etc..is that required..or can i make a retry and need to wait for phone boot hours and hours...or leave as is?

In V11 and V8 cam and everything working fine right?

Thanks for your prompt

you might want to try GingerDX and see if your phone performs better...

gabe

Upvote 0
Can you help me troubleshoot this problem.When I am loading the custom ROM from sdcard, the xRecovery always showing i have to update to baseband : M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015, but when I try to check my baseband at my "About Phone" it is the same and my Phone Build Number is 2.1.1.A.0.6

Thanks,
Mario

Hi,

As long as you can flash a custom rom everything is fine.
It is just a quirk of custom rom developers...
They tend to write almost anything in the systems files.

gabe

Upvote 0
Mr gabe , is there anynews about a new ver. Of rom v12 for example , and also iam having a proplem with a game , inotia 3 when i play it for 30-45 mins it starts a huge lags and suddenly the whole phone is freezed then reboots after 1 min of complete freeze , do u have any solution about this .

Thanks ,
Acudor

Upvote 0
Mr gabe , is there anynews about a new ver. Of rom v12 for example , and also iam having a proplem with a game , inotia 3 when i play it for 30-45 mins it starts a huge lags and suddenly the whole phone is freezed then reboots after 1 min of complete freeze , do u have any solution about this .

Thanks ,
Acudor

Hi,

Are you using the v12 rom? I don't play games on my phone, but v12 is suppose to be enhanced 2D and 3D performance and good for HD games.

gabe

Upvote 0
Hi,

Are you using the v12 rom? I don't play games on my phone, but v12 is suppose to be enhanced 2D and 3D performance and good for HD games.

gabe

Gabe gj updating ur thread with v12 gingerXperia cause I found it in xda forums and installed it , seriously i was going to tell u to update ur thread but u already did :D , gingerXperia v12 is super fast and stable ,no bugs till now , games r fast and u can play HD games now with no lag , multitouch is back ( yaaaaay ) everyone should try it , thx again gabe for ur efforts and ur hard work tryin to help us .

Cheers,
Acudor

Upvote 0
yesterday i have installed the v12 and it worked until this morning.
today i have turn on my phone and the wifi not work.
advice? XD

I didnt get any error till now , and wi fi works great from yesterday and i downloaded HD games and workin perfect .

Did u make sure that u full wipe ur phone before the installation ?? , try ur wireless connection on another device and check if its workin or not , also tell me what happen when u try to activate ur wi fi , i mean " what do u mean by not working "

Gl to you ,
Acudor

Reactions: bardahl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones