• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROM} Verbous Saturated VERSION 2 :) NOW NTELOS FRIENDLY!!!!

Everything worked fine last night. Till bout an hour ago. Server error when I try to go to play store ( as I said in my pm) and now I was listening to Pandora and went into dsp manager. It force closed and frroze so I had to reboot. After that it would not let me get past lock screen. Would just freeze. Had to go to a backup

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
NOT A CLUE... but...i got something that might fix it...check your pm in a few minutes

If all I have to do is flash it, it didn't work. Also, I noticed I can turn on my wifi, it starts scanning, and then turns off. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I am on nTelos? I even tried toggling airplane mode on and off, no go. Its a shame, I kinda like this layout, I just wish my data was working.

Also, how do I get rid of swype? I hate it and want to use a regular keyboard.

Upvote 0
If all I have to do is flash it, it didn't work. Also, I noticed I can turn on my wifi, it starts scanning, and then turns off. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I am on nTelos? I even tried toggling airplane mode on and off, no go. Its a shame, I kinda like this layout, I just wish my data was working.

the build prop in the rom is set for metropcs...and the apn files are as well...lol...i wish i knew that before. you can unzip the rom and copy paste your build prop in and copy paste your system/etc files in over the roms existing. that should take care of the issue...just rezip it and flash. its a bit overboard for your issue but simple enough that us nondevelopers should be able to handle...lol :) im sorry noone has assisted you with this issue sooner.

Upvote 0
I know not one lick of Java or c++ and you see how good my roms are. Req wasn't trying to be a buzzkill. Just sort of stating the obvious. We're on stock kernel's so it makes for a stock themed rom
i totally understand his point that its stock...however i simply didn't care for the approach. thats all...whats done is done and i have my outlook reformatted on certain things...its all good.

Reactions: genovdot
Upvote 0
the build prop in the rom is set for metropcs...and the apn files are as well...lol...i wish i knew that before. you can unzip the rom and copy paste your build prop in and copy paste your system/etc files in over the roms existing. that should take care of the issue...just rezip it and flash. its a bit overboard for your issue but simple enough that us nondevelopers should be able to handle...lol :) im sorry noone has assisted you with this issue sooner.

Yeah, I thought that was what was going on. I have the APN settings from Req0's CM7 that I flash on that rom, do you think I can use that to do it?

EDIT: Just kidding, it didn't work. Going to try one other thing and see what happens.

EDIT2: I tried something else and both times it aborts install. How do I go about finding the settings so I can replace them in the rom? Also, if I do this and rezip it, should I upload it somewhere so others on nTelos can use your rom? :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I thought that was what was going on. I have the APN settings from Req0's CM7 that I flash on that rom, do you think I can use that to do it?

EDIT: Just kidding, it didn't work. Going to try one other thing and see what happens.

EDIT2: I tried something else and both times it aborts install. How do I go about finding the settings so I can replace them in the rom? Also, if I do this and rezip it, should I upload it somewhere so others on nTelos can use your rom? :)
the apns are in the etc folder....just open that up and find em inside...there are a few that need swapped out or edited ..once you have it then by all means spread the love.

Upvote 0
the apns are in the etc folder....just open that up and find em inside...there are a few that need swapped out or edited ..once you have it then by all means spread the love.

Yeah, I found them and even know how to edit the file or replace it if necessary, but where do I find the ones that work? I tried replacing the etc folder, tried replacing everything in the nTelos APN zip that req0 provided, both failed when I rezipped and tried flashing it. Do I need to ONLY replace the .xml file with the apn settings?

Upvote 0
HOLY CRAP! I DID IT! I know its a fairly small feat, but I am just now getting into more than downloading .zip files and flashing. I found a page that I have to give thanks to here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/521319-samsung-admire-ntelos.html where I found the working apn settings. I right clicked on the .xml file in the rom, clicked "edit", and changed it to these settings. I saved it, and replaced the file in the Saturated rom. One thing I did differently is I didnt unzip it first, I added/replaced the file in the winzip explorer of the file.

If it makes it easier, I can upload the nTelos version of your rom somewhere or simply email you the .xml file to use as you wish. :)

Upvote 0
HOLY CRAP! I DID IT! I know its a fairly small feat, but I am just now getting into more than downloading .zip files and flashing. I found a page that I have to give thanks to here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/521319-samsung-admire-ntelos.html where I found the working apn settings. I right clicked on the .xml file in the rom, clicked "edit", and changed it to these settings. I saved it, and replaced the file in the Saturated rom. One thing I did differently is I didnt unzip it first, I added/replaced the file in the winzip explorer of the file.

If it makes it easier, I can upload the nTelos version of your rom somewhere or simply email you the .xml file to use as you wish. :)

You did it.....good job!!!!! Slap that rom up...use dropbox or 4shared or something.....good job....thats awesome...do the same with the others and youve got a bunch of working roms!!! :)

Upvote 0

Why not get onto a backup that has working data, Download APN backup and Restore for Google Play, then flash back to whatever ROM you want and Restore APN settings.

EDIT: NEVERMIND

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones