• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROMs Froyo] Upgrade your Xperia X8 to Froyo 2.2

Hi,

sounds like z4root has corrupted the Floyo-0.15 ROM.

to start from zero.

repair your phone using PC Companion to Android Eclair 2.1.1.A.0.6

then <Root>
then <install><xRecovery>
then using xRecovery <flash><Floyo-0.15>

cheers :)
Hello, I can't use PC companion coz when I slide the lock bar x8 is non responding. So I can't mount with PCC. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Hello Mr. Gabeyong,
May I ask you one question. Do I need to upgrade busybox manually in Floyo 0.15 ROM? My busybox version is 1.16 ( check with Titanium Backup ).:D
Thanks you for your valuable posts about our X8. Can I flash X8 with flashtool to get dualtouch like X10?
Please reply back to me. Sorry for my english.:D
With Thanks.

Hi,

Do not upgrade busybox or you phone will hang.

Dualtouch is not exactly dualtouch it more like one finger pinch gesture.
Yes, if you are using racht's Floyo-0.15 you can go to XDA-Developer's website and download the patch then use xRecovery to update.

Reactions: zayhtuttin
Upvote 0
Hi,

Do not upgrade busybox or you phone will hang.

Dualtouch is not exactly dualtouch it more like one finger pinch gesture.
Yes, if you are using racht's Floyo-0.15 you can go to XDA-Developer's website and download the patch then use xRecovery to update.

Thanks you very much Mr Gabeyong. I just want to ask you one thing:D. I have ported CM7 v.54 HACKDROID by racht @ XDA to my X8 by reading your guide. It is awesome and performance is very good. I also want to do gesture pinch zoom by doixanh @ xda. But there is no detailed guide like your post. So if you are free, I respectfully request to write a guide for newbie like me.:) With thanks:D ( I mean Instruction for manual installation: of x8 gesture.zip-v 005)

Upvote 0
Thanks you very much Mr Gabeyong. I just want to ask you one thing:D. I have ported CM7 v.54 HACKDROID by racht @ XDA to my X8 by reading your guide. It is awesome and performance is very good. I also want to do gesture pinch zoom by doixanh @ xda. But there is no detailed guide like your post. So if you are free, I respectfully request to write a guide for newbie like me.:) With thanks:D ( I mean Instruction for manual installation: of x8 gesture.zip-v 005)

I think racht's CM7 v.54 already incorporates the pinch zoom gestures.
Try it in Google maps app.

Update: 2 May 2011
Just checked about the pinch zoom. There is currently no update.zip for racht's v.54 ROM - sorry :(

Upvote 0
hi gabeyong!,

first of all i'd like to thank you how wonderful your guide is it helped me a lot as a new xperia x8 user. .yess im a noob and still have a lot of questions in mind i hope you could help me few of my questions :)

I have install Floyo 2.2.1 followed your guide thoroughly eveything works great! though my SD card is partitioned with FAT32 PRIMARY(6.7GB) and FAT32 EXT2(800MB) . .i wonder what is the FAT32 EXT2 used for? i dont even see it on my root explorer. .
oh and btw whenever i connect my phone to pc. .it couldnt detect my phone sd though the phone says its connected.

what should i do? i can put files on my SD card through my card reader though, ,i can only see the FAT32 PRIMARY(6.7GB) . .
and i see a lot of guides saying put the installer too the root of the sd.

im super noob mr.gabeyong wish you could help me out :) THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Upvote 0
hi gabeyong!,

first of all i'd like to thank you how wonderful your guide is it helped me a lot as a new xperia x8 user. .yess im a noob and still have a lot of questions in mind i hope you could help me few of my questions :)

I have install Floyo 2.2.1 followed your guide thoroughly eveything works great! though my SD card is partitioned with FAT32 PRIMARY(6.7GB) and FAT32 EXT2(800MB) . .i wonder what is the FAT32 EXT2 used for? i dont even see it on my root explorer. .
oh and btw whenever i connect my phone to pc. .it couldnt detect my phone sd though the phone says its connected.

what should i do? i can put files on my SD card through my card reader though, ,i can only see the FAT32 PRIMARY(6.7GB) . .

Hi,

If you are using racht's floyo-0.15 there is no need for the 800MB EXT2 partition. Just backup & re-partition your SD card as a single partition, then copy everything back to your SD card

Reactions: blaizeciocon
Upvote 0
hi gabeyong!,

put the installer too the root of the sd. <<
let say your card is mount with F: , just put the file in F:\
that is the root of the card
hope this help

Upvote 0
thanks gabeyong! wish they focused more on the floyo rather than making other buggy custom roms :( . .

btw! everytime i connect my phone to pc i couldnt be detected. .what should i do> ? :S

can be detected now! . .
hahah thanks again i just booted my phone and connect it to my pc :) . .

last question! how can i check if there are any files on the FAT EXT2 ? . .before i partition it to one :) thank you gabeyong really! hope more x8 newbies will find this thread first above anything else :D

Upvote 0
thanks gabeyong! wish they focused more on the floyo rather than making other buggy custom roms :( . .

btw! everytime i connect my phone to pc i couldnt be detected. .what should i do> ? :S

can be detected now! . .
hahah thanks again i just booted my phone and connect it to my pc :) . .

last question! how can i check if there are any files on the FAT EXT2 ? . .before i partition it to one :) thank you gabeyong really! hope more x8 newbies will find this thread first above anything else :D

you can use any partition tool.

check here: Partition Wizard for Windows

Upvote 0
hi gabeyong i having a problem when i tried to install the upgrade for android market(2.3.4)..its say apps not installed...pls hlp me solve the prob.thousand thanks..

if your Android Market is working don't need to update. It will update by itself.
if you can't update try the following:

1) use root explorer go to /system/app <delete> and reinstall Market
2) use <custom update> to reinstall via xRecovery all google apps... link below

Android Google Apps <-- here

Upvote 0

1)unzip the gesture.zip v005 to ur sdcard.
2)move it to your /system/lib/modules (Remount /system as rw)
3)then go to /system/etc/hw_config.sh (open in text editor)
4)put this in ------ insmod /system/lib/modules/x8gesture.ko
5)save and reboot!

then enjoy!;)

Reactions: zayhtuttin
Upvote 0
how to update android market in this rom... not able to update thro file manager

Hi,

racht just updated his Floyo-0.20 ROM and included the latest google apps.

from racht's XDA-Developer's Post:
[update: latest google apps(market,maps,talk..), brightness fix, keymap fix.]

you need to re-flash his Floyo-0.20 ROM

Reactions: kathirdr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones