• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root after M100 update?

Nothing happens past the *** Daemon started successfully *** message. I mean nothing for about 10 minutes, which I assume if it were going to work that would be pleanty of time. Don't not try it on account of me, my setup might be screwy.

The documentation does indicate that it is intended for ICS, but that probably doesn't matter any.

The search continues...

If it got stuck at daemon started, then it didn't actually start...

Also, the hole isn't ics specific, it all depends on how lazy the programmers are :p

Upvote 0
For anyone wondering if the Commando C771M100 can be flashed to another carrier without root I reply with a big absolutley YES. I was able to flash over to Metropcs. You just need someone from Metropcs to add the ESN to their database. I went down to my local Metropcs store and for a small fee it will be added. They will even flash it for you at the Metropcs location if you are so inclined to have them do it. You can purchase a no contact plan for $40.00 a month for unlimited voice and text. Once that is complete all you need is CDMA Workshop and QPST to turn on full Data access. I have a real good 3G connection were I live. The only thing I can't figure out is MMS looks like I need root to complete that. My Webaccess and GPS work fine through the Metropcs 3G network.

Upvote 0
I have USB debugging turned on as well as install apps from unknown sources. I let it run for a while but nothing happened. I'm trying it again as I am typing this and intend to let it sit for a while.

(sorry, gonna go basic here, I know you know it, but it's for everybody)
1) are drivers installed correctly?
2) have you tried unplugging & replugging your
phone in?
3) did you type in abd kill-server prior to running this?

dont mean to sound dumb but how do i run this? i am used to using superoneclick.
thanks

You should just be able to double click it & run it. In about an hour or so I can test it.

Upvote 0
(sorry, gonna go basic here, I know you know it, but it's for everybody)
1) are drivers installed correctly?

Yes. I can send other adb commands and they work.

2) have you tried unplugging & replugging your
phone in?

Yes. Rebooted phone and computer, no difference.

3) did you type in abd kill-server prior to running this?

Yes, as above. I let it sit for at least a half an hour. I think this is a busted lead.

Upvote 0
Tried it on linux, looks like they blocked it, sorry for getting everybody's hopes up :p

Hey, at least it was a try... on another note, what really goes into finding these exploits? I'm by no means a dev type, but I have plenty of Linux and bash scripting experience and a very little with C. I more or less learned by trial and error over the last 25 years. I'd be curious to figure the ins and outs of android... is there a way to run it as a vm so I can bash around without truly wrecking anything? I've already borked enough os's and cooked enough hardware without adding my phone to the list... Any advice is appreciated...

Upvote 0
I'm fairly depressed with my phone with M100 and I check this forum everyday with the hopes someone has figured out a way to set it free. I need the rugged phone for where I work and I will be checking this with bated breath everyday until some genius figures this mess out.

--
anyone still looking into this? I would have never done m100 update if i had known.

Upvote 0
Force updated to M110 (who knows, it "might" be better). No luck with SOC or the method mentioned in post#72.

I will start a thread on the main page (if no one else does) after a couple of days to report how it is. I can tell you this already, it added some kind of emergency alert app - more stuff I'll probably never use.

I knew this day would come, when this phone would be unrootable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones