• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root the Reverb (no PC Required)

I'm about to give this root a try... but wanted to ask you guys if Link2SD was working after root... I've heard a few people saying that you can't move apps and such with the Reverb, but once you root does Link2SD work properly?

Yeah, it works great. I have about 3.5 gb of apps installed onto my phone thanks to Link2SD. You just have to know how to partition your SD card.

Reactions: dru42
Upvote 0
Yeah, it works great. I have about 3.5 gb of apps installed onto my phone thanks to Link2SD. You just have to know how to partition your SD card.

Thanks, I actually answered my own questions.. I uninstalled ministro and poot.. nothing broke.. then I got my 32gb card in last night so I formatted it and everything is working great with Link2SD. Seems like performance is down a bit, but I suppose that's to be expected having apps linked to the SD..

I just upgraded from a Optimus V, so I'm really enjoying the size, weight, speed of this phone. Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
I ran the application five times, and still does not work. I cannot get root access.

Some of you folks are probably rooted and you just don't know it.
Get poot and ministrone, whatever.
Install both. Run poot. Button at the top. Poot now.
Poot uses ministrone, whatever. Ministrone will update the Lib files poot needs to run the exploit.
Poot will say start exploit yadayadayada, some daemon has materialized, yadayadayada, would you like to play again. Something like that.
Close poot.
Get su from GPLAY. NOT SUPERSU.
Get some root checker or your fav root app.
Run su, when Su interface comes up swipe right one time, under INFO, YOU'LL see a string of RED numbers and letters. Click on update. The string will turn green, su will say some stuff like "that was fun wanna do it again? Close su.
Run your root checker, or your fav root app.
When su pops up, click ALLOW, and carry on wit yo bad selves.
From before you left poot, you were rooted. You just weren't super user, like you are now.

Reactions: amh045
Upvote 0
Can someone please post a nandroid backup of stock rom,i lost function after installing beats.i unrooted and did a restore but its not functioning properly,phone real laggy and no 3g radio,not sure if a nandroid backup will work but i managed to get cwm installed and think its my last resort,thankfully the optimus slider wend on sale for $20 on VM.

Upvote 0
1 download ministro
2 download and "install poot.apk"
3.open poot and "download binaries"
4. clik on "clik here to poot" on poot menu
5."restart phone" do <<<this after selecting "clik here to poot"
6 download and install superuser
7 open superuser and "select info"
8. check "outated libraries" and select red or green letters on top and clik on "update" .
9.. clik on "allow" for superuser request
10. you will get a bunch of "green okays"
11.download and install root cheker
12. open root cheker
13 clik on "check root access" and clik on "allow" request from superuser
after that u should get a message like this

"CONGRATULATIONS YOUR PHONE NOW HAS ROOT ACCESS"

make sure uve done ti this way. cause if u dont it wont work.

Just +1 this worked for me.

I got the Poot-debug.apk from the Optimus Elite root with an apk thread in post #8 by learning2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones