• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you own a SuperPad III?

• Total voters
I just loaded the tim 4e and its working but the screen display shifted down and the bottom line wrapped up to the top.

Appreciate help how to solve the display issue

Thanks

Found the fix, thanks

Different screen size/Screen offset if you have a 1024x576 screen
As a general rule Do not flash another bootloader onto your pad unless stated otherwise. It is not needed for regular updates.
If you have a x600 screen it should work out of the box with my roms
If you have a x576 screen you will see an "offset" for your screen, simply launch the GScript application, scroll at the bottom and click on the 1024x576 fix. then reboot.
You have to do that only once
If ever it goes wrong, well that means that you have most likely flashed another bootloader before.
Just put the bootloader for your screen and reflash the rom in that case.

Upvote 0
I just received my new Superpad III today. System info says it is DISC010 with firmware date 20110530. I am wondering if I should install the Tim4e ROM or wait since I noticed th 4e was based on firmware date of 20110503. I have the 16gb version. Also having problems with Wifi dropping out. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Upvote 0
I just received my new Superpad III today. System info says it is DISC010 with firmware date 20110530. I am wondering if I should install the Tim4e ROM or wait since I noticed th 4e was based on firmware date of 20110503. I have the 16gb version. Also having problems with Wifi dropping out. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Tim4e is great. I'd recommend flashing it. :)

Download link

Upvote 0

Yes, do it.I have a 16gb running tim4e. Vast improvement.

Upvote 0
Hello folks, I am an extreme novice here! I received my SuperPad III yesterday (I don't have any kind of smart phone or anything else like this). I was suppose to receive the Flytouch 3, SuperPad 2, and have contacted the seller (in China) ~ not holding my breath. In the meantime, there are a few issues that I need to resolve to make my pad more user friendly:

1. cannot reset my GPS location ~ weather stays in China (I'm in Texas)
2. my GPS antena will not screw into connector at top of unit
3. WIFI only works well if I am sitting right next to my router
4. how do I find what battery I have

I'm sure I'll find other things, but these are the most obvious. I have read about flashing the unit with Tim's roms, but I'm not sure exactly how to do that ~ I do not have an external SD card yet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Upvote 0
Hello folks, I am an extreme novice here! I received my SuperPad III yesterday (I don't have any kind of smart phone or anything else like this). I was suppose to receive the Flytouch 3, SuperPad 2, and have contacted the seller (in China) ~ not holding my breath. In the meantime, there are a few issues that I need to resolve to make my pad more user friendly:

1. cannot reset my GPS location ~ weather stays in China (I'm in Texas)

This has been addressed exhaustively here and on many other sites, please use the forum search facility...
2. my GPS antena will not screw into connector at top of unit

It doesn't screw, it's a push fit.

3. WIFI only works well if I am sitting right next to my router

See my response to point 1.

4. how do I find what battery I have

There are various apps that purport to give you this information and you could do calculations based on charge current etc. but the only sure way is to open up your tablet and take a peek...

Regards
tbod

Reactions: camntx
Upvote 0
This is because originally TIM's firmware originally wasn't working with 16gb models but he's patched it now to work. This is why it states it's compatible with 16gb models. So it should also work with the 32gb models.

:)

Yes.. I understand that, but the new firmware re-partitions the card and I don't know how it decides to partition the remaining space after making the 'system' partitions.. it might just partition 'the remainder' or Tim might have specified a size...do you know?

It might be that the poster will just loose half his card.. that was the point of caution I was trying to make, not that it wouldn't work

Upvote 0
Yes.. I understand that, but the new firmware re-partitions the card and I don't know how it decides to partition the remaining space after making the 'system' partitions.. it might just partition 'the remainder' or Tim might have specified a size...do you know?

It might be that the poster will just loose half his card.. that was the point of caution I was trying to make, not that it wouldn't work

Ah. Pretty sure it's using percentages now but haven't decompressed the latest TIM rom to see. :)

Upvote 0
Cool, if you have any issues just post them and i'm sure someone will be able to assist, if not i will. ;)
Hi
I am new to this forum and I also have a new superpad3 I like the pad and it works ok with most apk. I have had no sucess flashing it via sd or computer.Also battery only lasts for only 20 minutes. I checked battery usage it tells me that 71% is being used by cell standby as this is not a phone I would like to know how to shut this off. Also how do i get in to flash mode which keys??
Pressing home power back keys only gets me to factory reset power menue does nothing I would sure Like to try one of tim'roms to see if it corrects this my pad is rooted. Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0
any help please, i have the x220+ (flytouch3) how can i get 3g network to work can it be tetherd to my mobile or is there a 3g dongle, the spec say no 3g support?

Hi,

The original firmware doesn't support 3G Dongles but it can be upgraded to add the support. I used s0I's firmware which has superb 3G support. Other people use Tim's 4x firmware which includes the same drivers.

The process is simple and reliable and only takes a few minutes to perform.

I believe there are a number of 'tether' apps on the Market and if run on an Android phone its internet connection can then be shared [with your tablet / PC / Cray XMP] over WiFi.

Upvote 0
Anyone face this problem? I've install quite some apps and games. until recently i can't seems to find skype from android market so i went on to clear data and force stop Google Services Framework and rebooted my SP3. Now i don't see any apps under My Apps page. So how i can get it back so that update apps will be at ease.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones