• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

theTrashcanMan

May 3, 2010
Downtown to hell
Hi guys,
I need some help with tasker. I've had it for a while but got it on a whim and wasn't very interested until lately. So, I've been experimenting and learning how to use it from the wiki but there is one thing that I can't find that I really want it to do. I would like to have it take a picture, with the front camera, when someone tries to unlock the phone unsuccessfully 2,3 or 4 times.
Does anybody know how or if this can be accomplished? I've googled the crap out of this and can't find much info. I'm still an noob with it, so I don't really know what I'm doing with it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi guys,
I need some help with tasker. I've had it for a while but got it on a whim and wasn't very interested until lately. So, I've been experimenting and learning how to use it from the wiki but there is one thing that I can't find that I really want it to do. I would like to have it take a picture, with the front camera, when someone tries to unlock the phone unsuccessfully 2,3 or 4 times.
Does anybody know how or if this can be accomplished? I've googled the crap out of this and can't find much info. I'm still an noob with it, so I don't really know what I'm doing with it. Any help would be much appreciated.

That would probably take a higher level script to work. I'm not that farmiliar with Tasker in the first place, so I may be wrong. :eek:

Upvote 0
That would probably take a higher level script to work. I'm not that farmiliar with Tasker in the first place, so I may be wrong. :eek:
Yeah, I figured as much.

Can you contact the app developer? maybe he can give you an idea if it is possible.

I did. Sent them an email a few days ago and they haven't responded. I've also been through their forums and the google groups forum and didn't find anything. I know that that probably means it isn't possible, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here as well.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
I think you can do this. you need to get secure settings from the market and give it admin privileges.

then in tasker your context will be
state ---> plugin ---> secure settings --->failed login attempts

then for the task you will need
media ---> photo ---> camera (front) ---> give it a file name ---> check discreet

everybody with tasker needs to get secure settings; everything you thought you couldn't do with tasker is possible with this plugin

eta. okay I just set it up and that works. the only thing is the picture is showing up upside-down, but it's possible that's just a problem with my rom/kernel...but the important thing is you're getting the picture of the culprit

Upvote 0
Holy crap! Thanks so much man! I had almost given up on this. I just did it and it works perfectly, so awesome!

I think you can do this. you need to get secure settings from the market and give it admin privileges.

then in tasker your context will be
state ---> plugin ---> secure settings --->failed login attempts

then for the task you will need
media ---> photo ---> camera (front) ---> give it a file name ---> check discreet

everybody with tasker needs to get secure settings; everything you thought you couldn't do with tasker is possible with this plugin

eta. okay I just set it up and that works. the only thing is the picture is showing up upside-down, but it's possible that's just a problem with my rom/kernel...but the important thing is you're getting the picture of the culprit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones