• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official Did You Get 2.2 Thread

Got my update this morning :)

However, my music player no longer plays .wav files, which is a drag. I get voice mail attached to emails via .wav files and use to be able to listen to them, but no longer can. Help please!

Seriously?? That's F-ing lame if that's true... I can't imagine how it would be. Check out the market for an alternate music player.

What service do you use? My work does that too but sometimes you can choose to receive your VMs in mp3 instead of wav.

Wife got hers this afternoon. Nothing new that she is interested in . No live wallpaper? I thought for sure I read on the T-Mobile site there was supposed to be live wallpaper ? Oh well .

The mt3g hardware just isn't powerful enough to support live wallpaper without it slowing everything else to a crawl. I'm glad they left it out.

Upvote 0
Am I the only person that has not recieved this update I was so excited to get it that when I read about it on tmo news I un rooted and have been waiting for-ev-a. :mad:

Are you currently on Cupcake or Donut? When you unrooted did you apply sappimg.nbh or did you use an app?

See the links in my sig for a method to update manually.

Link to 1.6.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=641174&highlight=sappimg

Link to 2.2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=807899

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I used the .nbh file of the unlocker and it went to donut the i updated to cupcake cuz I thought it wouldn't up date so I installed and now nothing

You have that backwards.
sappimg.nbh --> cupcake --> donut.

Use the 2nd link in my sig to manually update to 2.2. Super easy, will take all of 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
Lol, True True. Is there anything I should know about this update or anything I should do to make it better/

Turn off all animations to make it much quicker.
Root it. - [APP]SuperOneClick v1.5.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers
Flash ezterry's 614 kernel. - 2708-enabled kernel [14MB ram with radio 2.22.27.08/2.22.28.25 & hboot 1.33.0013d] - xda-developers
Download SetCPU from the market and overclock it to 480-614 to enjoy some serious speed! :D

Upvote 0
My phone was updated to Adroid 2.2 and now when I plug it into the USB port of my computer it doesn't show up as a device anymore so I can't download any songs, etc.

If this happens to you, I found this info in another post:
"I have a myTouch 3G from TMobile and had the same trouble. After some digging around, I found another forum that explained it. There's no setting you need to enable, so you can stop looking. It will actually still work, but it's a pain. Reboot the phone. Now try it. Works, right? And it will continue to work over and over again, UNTIL...... you plug something other than your computer into it. Like, your wall charger. Or your car charger. Or your laptop. If you do that, you'll have to re-boot the phone again, and not plug it into anything else, to get it to work on your computer again. It's a bug, and I don't know if it's an Android bug or a TMobile bug or an HTC bug, or if it's going to get fixed. I just know it sucks. Sorry."

Upvote 0
I received my update right before Thanksgiving and I love the new features on it but have been having a lot of issues with my phone since the update. I'm not receiving calls, calls are being dropped, and phone keeps freezing up. I took my phone into the store to have them take a look at it and they replaced my sims card and restored my phone back to factory settings but I'm still having the same issues. It's a pain becuase now I have to find time to go back to the store again or find time to call the suppose line to find out what's going on.....UGH!

Upvote 0
I received my update right before Thanksgiving and I love the new features on it but have been having a lot of issues with my phone since the update. I'm not receiving calls, calls are being dropped, and phone keeps freezing up. I took my phone into the store to have them take a look at it and they replaced my sims card and restored my phone back to factory settings but I'm still having the same issues. It's a pain becuase now I have to find time to go back to the store again or find time to call the suppose line to find out what's going on.....UGH!

Factory reset it again and this time DON'T TOUCH IT on first boot until it's been sitting there at the sign in screen for a good 10 minutes.

On first boot there are all sorts of background processes and "thinking" going on. If you interrupt them it can cause instability.

I've flashed a few aftermarket roms and before I knew about this I had all sorts of instability issues. This makes a big difference in rom stability.

If you're still having issues, call 611 and say "CANCEL SERVICE" at the automated prompt. Tell the agent that you're having so many problems with this phone that you're thinking of canceling and see if they'll give you a screaming deal on a new phone. ;)

Upvote 0
I have an older Rom Version of 2.2, and it does not work correctly. Which one is the best one to use? Or can i set it back to 1.2 or 1.6 and let it do the OTA?

You need to be fairly close to stock. See my signature for links on how to unroot, get back to donut, then update to froyo.

It's easy as long as you read the directions.

EDIT - This link will unroot you and get you back to cupcake and then donut. Once you're in Donut you should get your ota in a day or so.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=641174&highlight=sappimg

Upvote 0
do you guys think the manual update would work for a completely stock G1 running 1.6?

Don't know. I think it *MIGHT*, with the new radio and spl. Head on over to XDA and READ THE THREAD to make sure you don't brick your phone!
[ROM][32b] Official AOSP 2.2 OTA - xda-developers

Worst case you can always use ezterry's official ota hacked version, along with the new radio and spl, and you're good to go.

I know for a fact this rom works if you have the correct spl/radio.
Official AOSP 2.2 OTA -- [Installable on All Dream/Sapphire] (12/01/2010 PartsB) - xda-developers

DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Reactions: RazoE
Upvote 0
I just bought two more MyTouch 3Gs yesterday, one for my wife and one for our older son for Christmas. Both were running 1.6. I called T-Mobile and got an escalated support rep who told me the Google rollout went through 12/15. The they started a three DAY push to get to the balance of phones that had not received the update. I put my SIM in one of the 'new' phones and late last night got the update. The phone is fine. I put my SIM in the other 'new' phone this morning and am waiting for the update on that phone. I'll leave my original phone rooted and running 2.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones