The Tablet Tavern

Last Updated: 2015-05-10 14:14:35
  1. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Might not be back on tonight not sure. Will count votes for thread name tomorrow

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Good morning world and wazzup!

I always thought this big red robot could be appropriate for a mod's avatar on AF.

Maximilian from Disney's The Black Hole.
    [​IMG]
  3. Liamo_210

Well this is my last post tonight and won't be back on untill late tomorrow due to work . So i hope to see a few more of our tablet friends tomorrow . Durx can be in charge while I'm gone if he wants to that is
  4. Liamo_210

You should keep it incase you ever become a mod
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I was going to keep this red robot for myself.

[​IMG]
  6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

It will not be long before I'm in bed either... I'm in work early tomorrow, but will keep popping in here to see what's going on!

Hope some others suggest a few names for this place... I agree that, as this is aimed at tablets, we should try something other than "watering hole" :)
  7. Liamo_210

Ye we want an original name
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Yeh, I usually find that water and tablets doesn't mix too well. It tends to void the warranties, and some of the cheapo ones can be temperamental enough as they are,
  9. Liamo_210

It does with my tab as my tab has a water resistant coating ha
  10. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

As for a thread name, I'm not sold on the tavern idea only because it would leave out our younger members. I'm sure their parents don't what their kids hanging out in a "tavern".

As a child of the 60's (okay, look at the username and figure it out) I could see "Tabletstock".
  11. D-U-R-X

Hadn't thought of that!

:)
  12. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

Tablet Bar. But that sounds like a place for drug addicts lol
  13. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Tablet Bistro?

Too bohemian?
  14. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

I like that:D
    It makes me want to get a nexus 7 just to fit in with the cool crowd:cool:
  15. NightHawk877

NightHawk877 Well-Known Member

I picked up a 32 gigabyte Nexus 10 from someone on Craigslist. Gave him my Transformer Prime. Loving the N10. Got it rooted for now.
  16. Liamo_210

I suppose do. Just hetting on for a bit before work nice to see new name suggestions
  17. D-U-R-X

Just throwing a couple of ideas out...

I won't be offended if none of them make it (I actually cringed when writing some of the list), but at least there are a few suggestions :)

Can always make a poll (rather than try and keep a running list of votes) and leave it open for a while, to see what the general consensus is :)
  18. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

"Tablet Hell" otherwise known as Shenzhen.
  19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

"Tablet Parlour" sounds a little too NSFW. ;):p

Luna, agree with you on the NColor. I bought mine with a GC with the explicit intention of it being my hacking device. Never even signed into a B&N account, rooted it immediately. But, like you said, even with CM7, it was just too underpowered (never tried OCing it though). My Flyer, even with an ancient processor actually runs quite well.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  20. D-U-R-X

21. breadnatty08

22. Liamo_210

Ye we will probably have to start a poll.to see what name to pick unless there is a clear winner
  23. breadnatty08

As the OP, feel free to start one. If you need any help let me know and I can do it for you. :)
  24. Liamo_210

I don't have enough time to start one know feel free to start one if you want and if you do make sure to put a closing date on it :)
  25. Liamo_210

Can't believe this thread has gotten so close to.100 posts so quickly