• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Think I'm Gonna Leave My Wife..

The email part makes sense. Even for like Yahoo email? Cuz that's what she does a lot of her business through.

My guess is she wants another BB because she is comfortable with it and has liked BBs so far. I had to have the Palm OS phone pried out of my hand while someone was beating me with a spoon before I moved up to Android!

Upvote 0
There's a lot of ignorance in this thread. Third party apps are totally available and BBs have BB App World.

They only reason I switched is because I didn't like the feel of the Bold, didn't want to mess with the Storm (the touchscreen functionality isn't as developed) and I just outgrew my Curve.

Sorry to hear you got a Devour, man. What took you away from the Droid?

Upvote 0
My little woman (hehe) loved her Blackberry to death. After I got my eris and saw me playing with it she finally said... I want one. But she's not much of an app user, she just likes her texting emailing and calls. And it took her a couple months to say... I like this phone. But she still has her blackberry sitting on her nightstand, its her hero heh. She definitely could text faster and the battery did last longer. But my wife likes that we have the same phone more and the feel of the Eris.

My wife gets what she wants in general she asks for my opinion in tech stuffs but doesn't always go with what I personally like or nerdily select, more power to her, nothing to get frustrated over :). In the last election I let her vote her choice... lol... j/k. Power to the people, I hope my daughters tell there men what gives.

We all have choice, that's just the way life is. Android is better in some ways and not so great in others. Blackberry is a great phone solid and good texting/email tool, hence why most business use it. The iPhone, which is probably a better mp3 player but crappy phone and audio player sucks!

Upvote 0
We can tell who wears the pants in this relationship lmao.

Yep, as long as she keeps cooking, cleaning, and leaves me alone when I have the remote, she can keep wearing them pants as far as I'm concerned.....

But now she's looking at the Incredible. It'd be my luck she gets a better phone, then rub it in my face. Either that or leave me for somebody with a better phone :(

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear you got a Devour, man. What took you away from the Droid?

That damned keyboard......:no And the lack of VZ Navigator.

Oh, come on. You preferred antiquated technology in both cases? Touch screen is future; the hard keyboard was there to slowly wean people off of it. And VZ Navigator? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's navigation, right? That over Google Maps?

To each his own, but the Devour had me scratching my head, why something with inferior specs sold for so little less than he Droid.

Wish I got the Droid. :(

I got my first "I told you so" from a friend yesterday. Five months without one.

Upvote 0
Oh, come on. You preferred antiquated technology in both cases? Touch screen is future; the hard keyboard was there to slowly wean people off of it. And VZ Navigator? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's navigation, right? That over Google Maps?

To each his own, but the Devour had me scratching my head, why something with inferior specs sold for so little less than he Droid.

Wish I got the Droid. :(

I got my first "I told you so" from a friend yesterday. Five months without one.

The touchscreen isn't always practical for me to use. And Google Maps had a nasty habit of being slightly off. I traveled for work before I moved and it was less than pleasant. VZ Navigator is generally up to date. My GPS chip in my BB Curve acting like it had lost its mind was one big reason I wanted a new phone period.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones