• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TWRP 2.8.7.0 for Moto E 2015 LTE

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Invisible
DISCLAIMER: By using this recovery, you agree that you are the only one responsible for anything good or bad that may occur. Use at your own risk.;)

Install img:
  1. Unlock bootloader
  2. Download surnia_twrp_2870.img to PC
  3. Reboot to bootloader
  4. Plug phone into PC
  5. Open terminal in directory where the img is located
  6. Issue the following command to flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery surnia_twrp_2870.img
    Or this command to test before flashing:
    Code:
    fastboot boot surnia_twrp_2870.img
  7. Enjoy!
Note: I only have the Boost Mobile XT1526 so that is the only device this has been tested on. It should work on the other variants as well. Please post feedback :)

Other Downloads:
surnia_twrp_2870.zip - Flashable zip

Last edited:
Very very nice recovery. Backup and restore both work perfect to and from both internal and external sds. Wipes are all accurate. Need to get back to my otg cable to test USB. Love the orangish color, got so tired of blue. The time seems off, 10pm here reading 1pm in twrp, that and the backups are from 1940 lol . Tyvm SuperR!!

Edit: the twrp autoroot method did not work but read successful.

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Very very nice recovery. Backup and restore both work perfect to and from both internal and external sds. Wipes are all accurate. Need to get back to my otg cable to test USB. Love the orangish color, got so tired of blue. The time seems off, 10pm here reading 1pm in twrp, that and the backups are from 1940 lol . Tyvm SuperR!!

Edit: the twrp autoroot method did not work but read successful.
I have noticed the time issue. I will look into it but I am not sure if I can fix it.

The autoroot may just need a new SuperSU.apk. Did you try the autoroot and then install SuperSu from the playstore?

Upvote 0
Used titanium backup to remove the google now apk, totally screwed things up, almost a completely inactive ui. Your recovery let me restore. Ty once again. The time issue is nothing compared to what works XD
I am working on a time fix (no promises lol). This problem is not exclusive to this recovery. Most of them don't have the correct time. Trying to see if I can get a workaround set up.

Reactions: Odin89
Upvote 0
Time and date both spot on, in recovery and the backups. But after backing up it gave error could not unmount /system after it made the backup. Tried to restore the backup and got same error before it restored. went to mounts and could not unmount /system
Please try this one. I am not able to test it right now. Hopefully it will fix the mounting issue

edit: link removed, still didn't work correctly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
v2-4 posted in the OP.

It checks whether /data/time exists before trying to use it for date/time correction. I had some errors after wiping data then rebooting recovery without this fix. If /data/time does not exist the time will be incorrect. Still trying to sort out another way to resolve this but as for now, the date/time will be correct most of the time.

Reactions: Odin89
Upvote 0
When I flash it, all I get is the droid guy and an exclimation mark when going to recovery. I'm using Boost Mobile XT1526. Booting from the image itself without flashing works fine for me though.
It sounds like it is not flashing. You describe what stock recovery looks like. I will post a flashable zip in a little while so you can flash it from the booted recovery.

Upvote 0
When I flash it, all I get is the droid guy and an exclimation mark when going to recovery. I'm using Boost Mobile XT1526. Booting from the image itself without flashing works fine for me though.
It sounds like it is not flashing. You describe what stock recovery looks like. I will post a flashable zip in a little while so you can flash it from the booted recovery.
Flashable zip posted in the OP. Boot into the recovery and flash the zip :)

Reactions: starkraving
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones