Unlocking HTC Tattoo on Orange UK

Last Updated: 2010-12-16 22:21:04
  1. gto168

gto168 New Member

Hi guys,I flash this rom already,but cannot connet to my sim 3G,can help me,please?

Advertisement
  2. accateb

accateb Member

deanbag,

I ran into the exact same problem (samdisk SD card inclusive). For some reason, the command line worked out after I entered in the command line
  3. SEngine

SEngine New Member

Ehi guys.
    I have followed step by step your guide.
    But i don'u undestund where is the problem

I got CID, create goldcard but in the Hboot do not flash the phone.

On screen i see the check of yhe files (CLICDIAG,.....CLICIMG), check the CLICIMG file and then the phone go back the initial men
  4. gto168

gto168 New Member

5. SEngine

SEngine New Member

OK !!!!!!

The problem was WINZOZ 7
    I have repeated all steps of the iliko guide and the phone flash done very well (but no copy CLICIMG.zip only used RUU under WinXP)

Now i have the last HTC ROM NO-Brand and the phone works overall very fine

Thanks to all peoples that spend their time to "search" new ways.

Now the next challenge is to obtain the root user
  6. unofficialitguy

unofficialitguy Active Member

Followed instructions and after many hours repeating the same mistakes I have got the normal ROM on my phone. Main thing that I didn't have was the drivers properly installed (I use a Mac and virtual box) so once the HTC Sync and drivers were installed, the RUU file performed the update without a hitch.
  7. deanbag

deanbag Member

8. accateb

accateb Member

deanbag,

sorry it wasn't clear...

At the command prompt:
    C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb <enter>
    * <Ctrl>+<Break>
    C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell cat/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid <enter>
    532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402

Again, I'm not sure why, but for some reason it worked out like that.

I was running a Windows Vista, usb debugging enable and a pressed "back" when prompted after connecting the phone to the computer.

Holp it helps!
  9. conzar

conzar Member

So it looks like the RUU.exe is the problem. You cannot simply copy the RUU to the MicroSD card, insert it, and reboot the phone. Copying a windows executable to a sudo Linux system will not work.

So does anyone have an RUU that is not an exe file and is truely a zip?

Thanks
  10. deanbag

deanbag Member

Finally got it flashed ... big thanks iliko, Btaylor, accateb and all who helped. :D

wow ... looks so much nicer than the orange software .. and gmail woo
  11. conzar

conzar Member

I also got it flashed --- via windows :(

So has anyone had any luck getting Google voice installed? Its not available in the market.
  12. adge

adge New Member

I'm just wondering... if I flash the ROM, can I still update the Android OS to 2.0?
  13. finhex

finhex Member

There is no Android 2.X ROM available at this moment.
  14. adge

adge New Member

Does that means I have to find a third-party to do so, instead of from HTC? I'm a newbie at this. I wanna get rid of the Malaysian ROM and I came across this forum. Great stuff here.
  15. finhex

finhex Member

If you just want to get rid of your malaysian OS then just follow the instructions and you will have original HTC version after that. There is no 2.X version firmware for Tattoo available anywhere at this moment.
  16. dmarvp

dmarvp New Member

I have an HTC Tattoo from Orange Spain. Could this method work for me as well ?
  17. pandu_hawaldar

pandu_hawaldar New Member

this method worked like a charm! I followed 19 steps then followed Astrotoy7's post and the got the WWE ROM on tattoo..
  18. tcxbalage

tcxbalage New Member

I put the new firmware to my Tatto, it is looks fine, but when I replaced the Orange UK card with my old Vodafone UK card and turn on the phone it said: "SIM network unlock pin", and only emergency calls allowed. What can I do with it?
  19. iliko

iliko Active Member

Nothing, absolutely nothing! Even if you buy unlock code from Orange UK for
  20. tcxbalage

tcxbalage New Member

OK, I ordered that i-SmartSim. I already bought an code form "htccode.com", but it doesn't works unfortunatelly.
  21. iliko

iliko Active Member

Did code said Unlock successful? If yes then it is not htccode.com's fault. Orange support said they request code from HTC which was exactly like I bought from htc-unlock.com :eek: That is HTC messing up things by too much customizing our Tattoos.
  22. tcxbalage

tcxbalage New Member

Yes, it said unlock successful, but still no network detected, and when I restart my phone it ask for the code again.
  23. tcxbalage

tcxbalage New Member

iliko: I bought the SmartSim, but there is still some problem. I see all of my contact and messages on my Vodafone SIM card, but still no network detected. It will makes me crazy soon ... :(
  24. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 Member

Just an update for those having gripes with windows 7 >> HTC have released a HTC sync upgrade that makes it play nice with W7. The update was released Jan 12 2010. Please note that HTC Sync contains the android adb drivers, which is quite essential for upgrade methods described earlier in this thread ;)

You can download from HTC >> HERE

enjoy

A7
  25. iliko

iliko Active Member