• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocking HTC Tattoo on Orange UK

Hi guys,I flash this rom already,but cannot connet to my sim 3G,can help me,please?

cheers iliko! I had seen the original thread at xda but your hex editor pics were very helpful :)

I am in Oz, and like a few others - have a malaysian tattoo/click.

I got it to work with the same image but perhaps had a slightly easier time! I am sharing here in case others may find it helpful:

*ADB = WTF? if this is what you are wondering, then you are not alone. It refers to 'android development bridge' that allows your android device to connect to to pc via usb without being in sync or disc drive mode.

What you need to get into ADB.
*The android SDK
*android usb drivers
*ADB mode enabled in your phone and teh variable set up in pc system settings>>>read HOW TO ADB for DUMMIES from xda

>>I found the android usb drivers were already on my system. I have a feeling that the HTC sync app I have installed may have done that... if you have the ADB mode/drivers going properly it will look like this in your device manager:

adbinvista.png

You of course need to have a nice clean/formatted msd card in the phone to get the CID off it using the command line code iliko outlines above. For those curious, I used a a 2GB sandisk micro sdhc card. The original FAT32 formatting and later hex editing was done in windows.

*You dont need to do all that QMAT stuff anymore! Once youve popped in that adb code and got the CID number >> it looks like this

variables.png

*red bits block out personal info and my first attempt which didnt work due to a typo :)

You'll need to write this number down - or better yet type it into a text/wordpad file so you can easily copy and paste it.

Then go to Sooa-'s Goldcard Hex Reversal Page and copy and paste the number in and press 'submit' >>youre reversed number will be generated and you will see a hyperlink to QMATS page where you can generate the gold card code.

Here you will input your email and your reversed number and the prized goldcard.img you are after will be sent to the email you have nominated.

The email seemed to have been sent pretty much instantly.

Then hop over and download the goldcard.img from your email account and follow iliko's instructions for the hex editor stuff. Its pretty easy. You are basically replacing the lines of the goldcard.img into to sd cards existing lines. I had my sd card plugged into my pc via a reader for this bit - as you need to be able to identify 'removable disk' in hex editor as per the instructions. Whether you could have kept the m-sd in the phone and gone over to 'disc drive' mode is something I didnt try.

Once youve authored the edited hex onto the card, IT IS NOW A GOLDCARD!

Now. to get that update.... I fussed about with all that clicimg/diag business and had no luck.

What worked:

*As mentioned I have HTC sync installed. I plugged that in and went into 'htc sync' mode on the phone (ie, not disc drive mode).

From here I just ran the RUU Click HTC WWE 1.67.405.6 WWE release signed NoDriver.exe from the desktop and it rebooted and updated in a civilised manner. No button holds, it just did it business. I then took the goldcard out and replaced my original SD with all my music etc.

Upon rebooting it was great to be asked for UK english and finally see the market there. Even better - it actually worked !! \o/ Gmail, youtube etc all good too.

I hope that was helpful to someone!! It will at least keep us going until 2.01 comes out (see here for more info on that)

cheers Tattooists!

A7

Upvote 0
thanks for your reply, ive tried it as you say without selecting a connect type and enabling usb debugging but its still gving me cid:not found

ive formatted the card by phone, by pc, mounted, unmounted, windows 7 and now windows xp but still says cant be found.

although if i run 'adb devices' it finds the device.

im using a sandisk sdcard which ive read on other forums should be ok.

anyone with any more ideas?

deanbag,

I ran into the exact same problem (samdisk SD card inclusive). For some reason, the command line worked out after I entered in the command line

Upvote 0
OK !!!!!!

The problem was WINZOZ 7
I have repeated all steps of the iliko guide and the phone flash done very well (but no copy CLICIMG.zip only used RUU under WinXP)

Now i have the last HTC ROM NO-Brand and the phone works overall very fine

Thanks to all peoples that spend their time to "search" new ways.

Now the next challenge is to obtain the root user

Upvote 0
accateb, good to know im not only the one who's had this problem.

i typed in the command the same as in the screenshot of gto168's post.

could you tell me exactly where in the command line you added "adb" as its not clear from your above post.
deanbag,

sorry it wasn't clear...

At the command prompt:
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb <enter>
* <Ctrl>+<Break>
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell cat/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:*/cid <enter>
532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402

Again, I'm not sure why, but for some reason it worked out like that.

I was running a Windows Vista, usb debugging enable and a pressed "back" when prompted after connecting the phone to the computer.

Holp it helps!

Upvote 0
Does that means I have to find a third-party to do so, instead of from HTC? I'm a newbie at this. I wanna get rid of the Malaysian ROM and I came across this forum. Great stuff here.
If you just want to get rid of your malaysian OS then just follow the instructions and you will have original HTC version after that. There is no 2.X version firmware for Tattoo available anywhere at this moment.

Upvote 0
OK, I ordered that i-SmartSim. I already bought an code form "htccode.com", but it doesn't works unfortunatelly.

Did code said Unlock successful? If yes then it is not htccode.com's fault. Orange support said they request code from HTC which was exactly like I bought from htc-unlock.com :eek: That is HTC messing up things by too much customizing our Tattoos.

Upvote 0
Did code said Unlock successful? If yes then it is not htccode.com's fault. Orange support said they request code from HTC which was exactly like I bought from htc-unlock.com :eek: That is HTC messing up things by too much customizing our Tattoos.

Yes, it said unlock successful, but still no network detected, and when I restart my phone it ask for the code again.

Upvote 0
Just an update for those having gripes with windows 7 >> HTC have released a HTC sync upgrade that makes it play nice with W7. The update was released Jan 12 2010. Please note that HTC Sync contains the android adb drivers, which is quite essential for upgrade methods described earlier in this thread ;)

You can download from HTC >> HERE

enjoy

A7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones