• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Version 3 is the Official Update from Verizon???

I hhave the v3 leak..and I have speech to text...Many times i will speak my text messages when I am driving or something and it will puit it into text to send it

But the real reason behind this post. I downloaded the PDF instructions for the 2.1 update from the vzw site there...The pdf file was created today at 1035am by alisri. So that answers the question as to when all that stuff was created that people were asking earlier. Unlike a word file a pdf file keeps the creation dates and user names and so forth attached to it for its entire life.

Upvote 0
v3 exhibits the same bugs as are present on the Incredible, so it comes as no surprise that it will be very similar if not exactly the same as the OTA.

If the OTA is better than v3, a lot of us will return our Incredibles. The bean counters know that.

Anyone who differs should read Adam Smith's ground breaking work, The Wealth of Nations.

That is all. Return to your regularly scheduled delusions....

Upvote 0
Congratulations Eris users, now your phone will be just like the Incredible, except running at half speed....now if the Eris could be overclocked...surely someone could do that...

Ha, and remind everyone what makes the extra $220 worth getting a bit more speed in a restricted android platform which you can hardly tell.

Eris hands down is the best buy for a android phone without a qwerty keyboard built in. It is practicality vs numbers. Your the one who stated that the eris is the same as the $300 device.

Upvote 0
K

Lmao! And a frizzy haired scientist. My. Delorian is in the shop. Needed new tires

Or the ultimate upgrade....

awesomemobile.gif

I hope the OTA fixes the No Sound issue a few of us are having. I'm going through some medical issues right now, and the whole No Ringer things gets kinda nerve wracking on top of all the other issues IRL

Upvote 0
i have been reading on here for the past few weeks since getting my Eris, swinging back and forth on rooting/custom ROMS or putting on the latest leak. With the announcement that the OTA is planned(even with out a set date) I think I might just wait for it. Although I still really like some of the custom ROMs out there.

Upvote 0
i have been reading on here for the past few weeks since getting my Eris, swinging back and forth on rooting/custom ROMS or putting on the latest leak. With the announcement that the OTA is planned(even with out a set date) I think I might just wait for it. Although I still really like some of the custom ROMs out there.

If you are happy with your phone now, and patient, I would suggest waiting for the OTA.

I was happy with 1.5, but not patient. The v3 I am now running has some little quirks that hopefully won't be in the OTA. No sense (get it? Sense? :rolleyes: ) aggravating yourself with unofficial software at this point, unless you really want to.

I am really hoping v3 was the best preview to the OTA, but still not complete...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones