• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Visson ATV-108 f16ref new firmware - 20120807

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I checked the device and it showed f16ref like you said.

This is my device:

Media Box Google Android TV 4.0.4, ARM Cortex A9 1.2GHz, DDR3 1GB Ram, 4GB Flash, HDMI HD TV 1080P Wifi Internet Set-Top Box Media Player Black

Now, the device is stuck in "smart...smarter...v.play", help me please, what can i do to repair it?

First, is it Visson's product? If no, why you flashed my firmware which is for Visson ATV-108 f16ref (aka ATV-102) without checking if firmware is compatible with your device? :)

My suggestion is to obtain latest official firmware for your device and install it.

Upvote 0
Hi stane,
any chance we can try to resolve the ethernet issue? I used adb to try to debug the issue - it receives an IP, but fails after almost immediately with an exception
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /proc/net/xt_qtaguid/stats: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

I think it just needs a kernel module enabled or included. Any chance of that happening?

Upvote 0
Hi stane,

I'm trying to install your firmware on my box and have the error message in recovery 'E: bad bootloader argument'

Here is what I have done :
- Check version the Device checker MBX reference board (f16ref) and in setup "About Mediabox" -> (ICS.MBX.20120811 Kernel 2.6.34)
- Download the firmware 20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip
- Prepare the SDcard using the SDTools and the u-boot-aml-ucl.bin (in XP virtual machine)
- Copy the update.zip, new_patch.zip, factory_update_param.aml, ethmac.efuse and uImage_recovery to the root of my SD.
- Start the upgrade application (choose local upgrade and update.zip)
- The system reboot into recovery and message e:Bad bootloader arguments "(null)"
... E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted

Could you told me what I have done wrong (and sorry for my bad english)

Seems my box is not the same I have seen in previous posts (maybe that's the problem) but Device checker says it should be ok.
Bough here www.hongkongeek.com/android-tv-box/1117-google-tv-box-gv-13-cortex-a9-android-403-4gb-hdmi-tv.html

Thxxxx
Stdu00

Upvote 0
Can't run Play Store on this version as well. Also, can you improve your upgrade app to allow upgrade from usb stick? I was able to upgrade from usb stick on the default firmware and your firmware released in August. I'm stuck now because my smallest SD card at home is 32GB.

Another problem with the firmware is that the usb mouse won't work if the box restarted. I had to unplug and re-plug it to make it work again.

!!! For f16ref users only !!!

Hi to all,

I need testers for ATV-108 rev2(f16ref) / ATV-102 for new firmware.

Changelog:
- Wifi driver updated to latest Realtek sources
- added 3G dongle support
- Upgrade app replaced with V.play Upgrade (under development; only Local upgrade works)

For all of you who had wifi issues with f16ref, please report if this firmware solves the issue.

Firmware can be downloaded from here.

Regards

Update:

There are USB issues with latest Android sources, working on that too...

Upvote 0
Ok, I got Google Play working on Stane's firmware. SD Card is a must to upgrade the firmware. I was using a USB stick to update the firmware. I think the new_patch file wasn't applied when using USB stick to do the upgrade. The new_path file contains some signature files which are required for Play Play to work correctly.

Upvote 0
Hi stane.
I've been using your rom for my atv 108 rev2 f16ref ... works great, but I have a problem with my wifi keyboard ... suddenly stops working. unplug it, plug it back in and working properly ... but only for a few minutes. sometimes seconds.
in 20120611_Android_ICS rom-ATV-108-f16ref.zip the keyboard works well, but does not play the sound in movies with ac3.
sorry for my english.. and thanks in advance from argentina...

Upvote 0
Hi stane.
I've been using your rom for my atv 108 rev2 f16ref ... works great, but I have a problem with my wifi keyboard ... suddenly stops working. unplug it, plug it back in and working properly ... but only for a few minutes. sometimes seconds.
in 20120611_Android_ICS rom-ATV-108-f16ref.zip the keyboard works well, but does not play the sound in movies with ac3.
sorry for my english.. and thanks in advance from argentina...

I suffer from the same problem with update 08/07/2012
But with updated 25/06/2012 working perfectly
Is there a solution to the problem Firmware - rev 2 7/8/2012?
Thank you

Upvote 0
!!! For f16ref users only !!!

Hi to all,

I need testers for ATV-108 rev2(f16ref) / ATV-102 for new firmware.

Changelog:
- Wifi driver updated to latest Realtek sources
- added 3G dongle support
- Upgrade app replaced with V.play Upgrade (under development; only Local upgrade works)

For all of you who had wifi issues with f16ref, please report if this firmware solves the issue.

Firmware can be downloaded from here.

Regards

Update:

There are USB issues with latest Android sources, working on that too...

Just purchased ATV-102 directly from Visson, and found your latest FW at V-Play section "20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip ".

With stock FW, I have trouble with SAMBA and UPNP connection to my XBMC box. Instead I use cifsmanager from google play to get the shares from XBMC. cifsmanager lets the ATV-102 see and play the files, but video performance is bad on the legacy A/V output--it looks like lots of dropped frames for shows which play OK on XBMC.

So, time to try some better FW!
Test will be try to get SAMBA, UPNP, & CIFS connection to XBMC, then play videos and also connect to Internet under your FW all using WiFi and HDMI and report results.

Normally the ATV-102 will use legacy A/V and RJ45 because the cable is close and the AP is far, and the TV is old... So, WiFi+HDMI test works I will report results for the legacy connection style as well.

After again reading your instructions, I will confirm my platform by "DeviceChecker.apk", then flash using "20120807_Android_ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip" once confirmed.
If I make any gross error, I hope to recover the original FW by "SDTool.zip" and "6-29 M3 new firmware(ROOT权限).rar" per your post on 6/29.

I will try this on SAT and report back before Mon--depending on whether I have to work this wknd. If you have any suggestions what you want me to test (or if I am too late and this is a waste of time), please give a shout.

Thanks for all your hard work, and I wish you success in your business selling these in eu!

OK, I tested it last night...

Stane:
Tried 8/7 firmware in hopes of resolving dropped frames, but I guess this is part of the video HW, not FW.
Firmware is slick; I like the setup wizard--it's great for the Android noob like me!
Thanks for all your hard work & I look forward to upcoming releases!

FWIW, here's notes from last night's test:

Briefly:
20120807-Android-ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip
RJ45 in TV Box doesn't like DHCP; static IP works fine, so no probs for me ;)
WiFi and HDMI both work GREAT.
V.Play.Net app seems (Guessing here.) not to like numeric in share names.
Intermittent loss of connection to USB keyboard & mouse.
Otherwise, works GREAT so far; I downloaded factory 9/20 justincase but I will keep Stane 8/7.

Details:

SAMBA server is XBMC connected by WiFi.
Other devices on network include phone, laptop, netbook. All DHCP & internet access; both RJ45 & WiFi.
WiFi is pass-through (AP only ) mode; wired router TP-Link TL-R860 does the DHCP & internet gateway.

1. Confirm performance of factory firmware & CIFSManager from google play:
Playback by A/V & RJ45 drops a lot of frames
Playback by HDMI & WiFi does not drop frames
2. Verify DeviceChecker before flash Stane rom:
Model: MBX2.0 Board
Brand: MBX
Name: f16ref
device: f16ref
board: f16ref
3. Update using 20120807-Android-ICS-ATV-108-f16ref.zip
4. First, try to add shares in TVBox using V.Play.Net app
Verify SAMBA server functions by windows XP can connect to all shares by WiFi and RJ45; both OK.
TVBox connection is HDMI and WiFi:
In TV box, add 3 SAMBA shares
2 shares work OK; cannot connect to one share "192.168.1.137_LaCie2T". Because of the "2"???
In SAMBA server, changed share name from LaCie2T to LaCie then killall -HUP smbd
Still can't connect. Note filesystem label is _LaCie2T and mount point is /media/_LaCie2T
umount, rename, mount so it's now /media/LaCie, then update smb.conf & restart smbd.
Now TVBox can mount all 3 SAMBA shares OK.
5. Videos play OK, but I lose connection to keyboard and mouse a lot.
Ordinary USB keyboard & mouse; unplug/plug-in restores. But then loses again, so repeat...
6. Power off TV box and now connect by RJ45 and use A/V connector (not HDMI)
Much, much problems connecting until I disable DHCP in TV Box. Static IP seems to fix it.
7. At this time, I can play videos by RJ45 and A/V on my old TV, but still there are many dropped frames.
Dropped frames are present in both the factory FW and Stane rom, so I guess this limited by hw?
Also, keyboard and mouse seem not to drop out this time. Why sometimes and other times not? Dunno...

Upvote 0
Hi stane,

Love your 0807 rom its really great but i had issues with my wifi keyboard. Every other minute (sometimes less) i had to unplug n replug the transmitter to the usb to get it to work.

Fustrated with that i attempted to reflash it with your 0625 fw. Unfortunately i totally bricked my unit.

But with the faith i have in u i ordered another set. It is now running on your 0625 fw. I m looking forward to see you fix the bug in the 0807 for wifi keyboards so that i can upgrade the fw again.

Any estimate on when u r able to release a fw with this bug fixed? Will buy u some beer after installing it when it is out :)

Really for 0807, it is PERFECT other then this n the ethernet issue.

Pls do it soon as alot of apps i use cant b installed via play market on 0625... N i cant live without youtube as my taiwanese video apps depends on it...

Upvote 0
Hi stane,

Love your 0807 rom its really great but i had issues with my wifi keyboard. Every other minute (sometimes less) i had to unplug n replug the transmitter to the usb to get it to work.

Fustrated with that i attempted to reflash it with your 0625 fw. Unfortunately i totally bricked my unit.

But with the faith i have in u i ordered another set. It is now running on your 0625 fw. I m looking forward to see you fix the bug in the 0807 for wifi keyboards so that i can upgrade the fw again.

Any estimate on when u r able to release a fw with this bug fixed? Will buy u some beer after installing it when it is out :)

Pls do it soon as alot of apps i use cant b installed via play market on 0625... N i cant live without youtube as my taiwanese video apps depends on it...

Upvote 0
Hi stane,

Hi,

Ok, how you bricked your unit? What happened? Scrambled screen because of unsuccessful update?

Upvote 0
Stane i need your help. My new box i went to settings n did a factory reset (running 0625) system shut down rebooted n got stuck at vplay logo. It didnt progress for 5 hrs after that. I powered off n on and now i got a blank black screen... Did i brick my 2nd box? I m breaking out in cold sweat now....

Upvote 0
Stane i need your help. My new box i went to settings n did a factory reset (running 0625) system shut down rebooted n got stuck at vplay logo. It didnt progress for 5 hrs after that. I powered off n on and now i got a blank black screen... Did i brick my 2nd box? I m breaking out in cold sweat now....

Btw i get black screen for both hdmi and video out

Upvote 0

Stane really hope u can reply soon. Think i m gonna go nuts coz this is exactly the aame symptoms i have with my first box. Black screen regardless of hdmi ot video out... Both led on and not blinking.... This new box is but 5 days old.... Yikes....

Upvote 0

Btw i m thinking of trying recoverybsd card. But i dont have a windows xp or a linux computer. All i have is a windows 7 32bit laptop. What can i do?

Upvote 0
On his Facebook group he justifies the high price of the Visson boxes he sells in Croatia (~200€) mainly with better firmware than the boxes from China... might be the reason why the downloads aren't available anymore.

Little bit disappointing. If this is not the case, I take everything back though. ;-)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones