• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's on your SD card?

Usual suspects. Most apps dont install or store much on the sdcard on 2.1 There is a bit though. Setcpu, SU, ShootMe folder, Titanium Back Up stuff like that. I do have a folder for bloatware. But yeah its mostly music and converted DVD's of course. On sheer quantity certainly most of my storage space is going to that. I think my sdcard is about half full. But, again I probably got 6-7GB just of movies.

Upvote 0
I have an ulterior motive in asking this. When I purchased my Fascinate, I noticed that the 32Gb SD cards in the store (just two left) had been on sale for 49 bux, so I got one.

I am thinking of putting everything I can on that card when 2.2 comes around, as I don't store a lot of multimedia for later viewing and when I get rid of bloatware I don't keep copies of it, either (have to be reeeeaal careful about what I delete, because I do delete it, following a rename to be sure).

Apps are the main things I'm thinking of.. on the Eris we had apps2sd for that purpose.

Upvote 0
I have an ulterior motive in asking this. When I purchased my Fascinate, I noticed that the 32Gb SD cards in the store (just two left) had been on sale for 49 bux, so I got one.

I am thinking of putting everything I can on that card when 2.2 comes around, as I don't store a lot of multimedia for later viewing and when I get rid of bloatware I don't keep copies of it, either (have to be reeeeaal careful about what I delete, because I do delete it, following a rename to be sure).

Apps are the main things I'm thinking of.. on the Eris we had apps2sd for that purpose.
$49 for a 32gbsdcard :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Damn you make me wanna drive down there right now. I have to imagine thats not the case in my city though. Yeah. I wouldn't worry about apps or even the stock ROM taking up much space. According to appbrain I have some 111apps taking up 172mb. The stock restore ROM I believe is like 310-312mb. So if even if you kept that file on your sdcard that's less than 1/3 of a GB. With 32GB you got plenty of space. Damn Im jealous of that $49 price you hooked that up for. Well done sir, well done

Upvote 0
Even when Froyo comes, there really shouldn't be any need to store anything on the sd card with the 2GB of internal storage on the Fascinate. Even on the Droid 1 I had, there wasn't any benefit to move the apps and you have to wait for the developers to make the apps officially compatible or you'll likely run into problems.

Upvote 0
i know one thing....there's a bunch of crap directories that apps which were installed and then removed left behind.....im starting to get tired of that crap.....is there a viable solution to this? or do i have to treat my phone like my PC and do a clean install of the OS once a year in order to make sure it's all clean?

Upvote 0
i know one thing....there's a bunch of crap directories that apps which were installed and then removed left behind.....im starting to get tired of that crap.....is there a viable solution to this? or do i have to treat my phone like my PC and do a clean install of the OS once a year in order to make sure it's all clean?
Good question. Im wondering if we keep applying new "patches" on top of older driver versions [so to speak] if there isnt a real world benefit to a registry clean[er] per se.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones