• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is Jelly Bean?

I'm in the US and got my update today. Now I'm screwed. I've used the reset hole, pressed the power button and volume down button, pressed the power button and volume up button and all I get is the ASUS Inspiring Innovation.Persistent Perfection screen. It wont power off either. That screen keeps popping up even when I hold down the power button.:mad:
HELP ME PLEASE.

Upvote 0
I'm in the US and got my update today. Now I'm screwed. I've used the reset hole, pressed the power button and volume down button, pressed the power button and volume up button and all I get is the ASUS Inspiring Innovation.Persistent Perfection screen. It wont power off either. That screen keeps popping up even when I hold down the power button.:mad:
HELP ME PLEASE.

Run the battery flat and see what happens when you charge it and boot it after that.

Failing that call ASUS.

Reactions: siggy1964
Upvote 0
Why are there 2 WW Jelly Bean firmwares listed??

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201

V10.4.2.15 Only for WW SKU (Android JB 4.1.1)

and

V10.1.2.15 Only for WW SKU (Android JB 4.1.1)

10.4.2.15 for WW, further down the description references TW SKU, instead of WW SKU... is this just a typo on the part of Asus? (ie. the first one should be TW, not WW)

If so, hopefully no one borked their Primes by inadvertently downloading the wrong file. >_<

Upvote 0
Everytime I've tried to update firmware, my tab says a firmware update is available, check notification area.

There's nothing in notification area and the Check Update button goes dark and I cannot press it.

I close the settings window, remove it from recent apps and then go back again and same result. Weird. I've received firmware upgrades before as I picked a tablet up on release and never had this problem.

Tried restarting the tab and same result.

I restarted again and took it off AC power (charging it) and I went to settings to check firmware upgrade, same message and button still dimmed, but now the firmware shows downloading in the notification bar. Odd, maybe it was the power? I don't know. Maybe weak wifi? Not sure.

Upvote 0
Sorry I am confused!

I am in UK and still no ota update. Would someone be really kind and be willing to give precise instructions - I guess these are my issues:

Exactly which file - there seem to be three
Unzip once - is this right click and extract?
Put on SD card - is this just connecting to pc and drag and drop onto the Prime?

I thought I had done above but nothing happened so I removed teh file and am non the wiser.

Would be grateful if someone could get me through this!

Upvote 0
Here's what I did.

Download the firmware version for your tablet to your PC's desktop.

Extract that zip to your desktop...the output will be another zip file.

Plug the prime into your PC and open it in my computer. Open the internal storage directory.

Drag the newly extracted zip file into that internal storage directory on the prime.

When I unplugged the tablet from the PC I got a notification that the prime detected an update file. I tapped the notification to start the process, sat back, and waited.

All done.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Oblig
Upvote 0
The system will not even notice the manual download. :(

To try to help you, I put the update on my spare SD card, right alongside the .28 ICS firmware. I owe you a favor for turning me onto the .28 root method. :)

The update notification popped up as soon as I inserted the drive.....and then gave me a choice of .28 or JB. Pretty cool......never knew it would give you a choice if you had multiple choices.

To be clear: I downloaded the JB update, unzipped it once......and put the resulting file directly onto the root of the SD card.

Reactions: JAy3001
Upvote 0
To try to help you, I put the update on my spare SD card, right alongside the .28 ICS firmware. I owe you a favor for turning me onto the .28 root method. :)

The update notification popped up as soon as I inserted the drive.....and then gave me a choice of .28 or JB. Pretty cool......never knew it would give you a choice if you had multiple choices.

To be clear: I downloaded the JB update, unzipped it once......and put the resulting file directly onto the root of the SD card.

Thanks Rafael. Still no joy here, I may have to do a factory reset or revert my FW. But I just don't have the time atm to bugger about with it. :/

Strange thing is it did start downloading but hung at 65%. I rebooted to start a'fresh and thats what has buggered it. But I normally have to do that on a OTA update and don't have an issue until now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones