• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which SD card to purchase?

Guys,
Will probably buy MMX a87 Ninja 4 in a few days. This would be my first Android. And I am really confused after searching a lot on SD card's class. I am looking for a 8GB SD card. According to some reviews, I heard the bigger the class, its much better. Is it so? I'm actually a noob here.
Take your time & do reply. :)

Phone Specifications:
256MB RAM
4.0" Touch
About 185MB Internal Storage
2MP FF
Android 2.3.5
1 GHz with Adreno 200 GPU

Unless you're shooting photos/videos in a high megapixel digital camera/camcorder, you really don't need the higher class cards. Any class should suffice for your phone. General guide below:

-Class 2 for SD video recording
-Class 4 and 6 for HD ~ Full HD video recording,
-Class 10 for Full HD video recording and HD still consecutive recording
-UHS Speed Class 1 for real-time broadcasts and large-size HD videos

Upvote 0
Unless you're shooting photos/videos in a high megapixel digital camera/camcorder, you really don't need the higher class cards. Any class should suffice for your phone. General guide below:

Hi there,

Do I need a higher class if I need better performance when I use SWAPPER or INT2SD OR SD-EXT4.

Or will the performance be the same in all the classes?

Upvote 0

But I heard that lower class cards can make the phone slower. Like, it takes more time to load the Gallery/Apps on SD card?

Upvote 0
If you have a ton of pictures on your sd card, then yes, it's possible that you would notice a difference in load times of the Gallery app. Same goes for apps to a much lesser extent. When you load the Gallery app, it then tries to load all of your pictures (which could be several GB). When you load an individual app, it's generally under 10MB so.

Personally, I wouldn't waste money on anything over a class 6, probably more like a class 4 for your phone. I have a couple of higher level class 10s that I run in my SLR camera, but we're talking 25MB per picture in rapid-fire scenarios of 5 photos per second. You really need that in that case.

Upvote 0
what usually happens is you tend to use various mods for the devices ;) these require you to have a superfast card ;)

Would suggest go for least class 6 ,which much be enough !

ninadchaudhari any way to use internal memory to ramexpander or swappers 2

please guide , how to run zram in this device please:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones