• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

10.1" Note: Does It Do USB Host?

PeteCress

Android Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2010
Paoli PA, USA
Bought a $20 dohicky today that plugs into the Note's 30-pin receptacle and accepts a USB plug. The Samsung box that it came in says "USB Connector P30pin".

Got something similar for my 5.5" Note and it accepts a mouse and a USB stick a-ok. I think it's called an "OTG Adapter"

But that same mouse and that same USB stick do not seem tb acknowledged by the 10.1" Note using the abovementioned dohicky. Plugging it into a charger does not do anything either.... but that's moot right now.

My conundrum is whether:

• The abovementioned dohicky is faulty,
    or
  • The 10.1" Note is not up to the task,
    or
  • The connector has to be specific to the task and I need something that is explicitly labeled "OTG Adapter"

I'm 99% sure that the 10.1" Galaxy Tablet can do this.... but I cannot find anything that explicitly says the 10.1" Note is able to.

Can anybody shed some light?

Edit 2012 02-12 19:48

I found a spec listing that seems to say the 10.1" Note does do USB hosting.

Based on that, I just pulled the trigger on one of these bad boyz: http://tinyurl.com/b5gfl4j

If anybody is asking themselves the any of the same questions, check back around Friday or Saturday and I should have posted a report on the Juiced product vis-a-vis the 10.1" Note.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones