• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root *****10/4/13*****New OTA DO NOT DOWNLOAD IF YOU'RE ROOTED

Ok OCN and EM I have flashed to the rooted stock rom. I have my root access back. I have to call sprint and reactivate the phone now to make sure that my tether is working. One problem is between dealing with family stuff and other things, I forgot to clear the google wallet! Are there any repercussions that I can see from this? I have never used google wallet by the way.

I really thank to two of you for being patient with me and helping out!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I don't know if you saw in one of my many earlier questions to you guys, I stated that I need to get off of my evo shift and back to the evo lte. My shift is my last phone and it is still rooted. I use my phones primarily for tethering with my laptop when away from home for business. I switched back to the shift when my evo lte somehow lost its root access. I just need to switch back to the evo lte now.

Upvote 0
At this time, I am not s-off. I will probably do that tomorrow. With you and EM helping me, it makes me want to flash another rom. It just has been some time since I did more custom things to phones. I stay so busy with my family and work that it is just more important to have the few things work that I need.

I really appreciate you and EM taking your time and helping out!!!!

Upvote 0
At this time, I am not s-off. I will probably do that tomorrow. With you and EM helping me, it makes me want to flash another rom. It just has been some time since I did more custom things to phones. I stay so busy with my family and work that it is just more important to have the few things work that I need.

I really appreciate you and EM taking your time and helping out!!!!

i understand being busy....so take your time....we will be here, if you need us.

Upvote 0
I just remembered - on the whole subject of wiping or superwiping - watch carefully.

Some roms, such as Viper4G, you don't do anything like that - the rom installer has its own wipe built-in, you use that and nothing else. Try "extra wiping" prior to a Viper4G installation and you could find yourself waiting for 30 to even 45 minutes while you think your phone is bricked (it's not, it's a known side effect).

Only one rom recommends superwipe and its fans swear by it. Read that carefully and you'll see it's not required but the fans wouldn't listen to the guy who figured it out.

As ocn noted, he and I don't necessarily share the same viewpoint on superwipe but we do on noting special install instructions, and asking who's done what before proceeding.

Basically, ya got the guinea pigs up in here. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones