• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 1984kbps!!speedtest.net results after a couple of tweaks

debugging check, dm mode check, cdma wrkshp open check, found com port check (com prt 9), but when i try to connect i get a pop up message that says com9 available in registered version only! is there a way to change com port or am i just f'ed.:thinking:

go to device manager look under ports and double click on the samsung usb diagnostic serial port. go to port settings, then advance. a window should popup with the ability to change the com port. switch to a port below 9 and thats not in use.

Upvote 0
OK, so here is how I interpret what all these tweaks do.

Vocoder change: This changes the encoding algorithm for voice encoding, potentially freeing up bandwidth for data

PRL change: Allows roaming connections to more towers that are outside your base network. This will improve signal quality only when you just happen to be near a tower that you couldn't use before.

Build.prop tweaks: Makes changes to data encoding allowing your phone to use more of it's available signal bandwidth for data communications.

Another thing that might improve speeds is the proxy setting tweak found in another thread. Those instructions would be cool to consolidate with this thread's instructions

Got it right on dude but yeah i found that thread something on changing the proxy to 0.0.0.0 i tried it out only saw an increase in upload speeds how did it turn out for you.

Upvote 0
Got it right on dude but yeah i found that thread something on changing the proxy to 0.0.0.0 i tried it out only saw an increase in upload speeds how did it turn out for you.

for me, i only changed the URL parts, but not the port numbers. it caused me to not have any internet at all on 3g. lol

I put the normal server names back and havent played with it again yet. Been doing chores

Upvote 0
go to device manager look under ports and double click on the samsung usb diagnostic serial port. go to port settings, then advance. a window should popup with the ability to change the com port. switch to a port below 9 and thats not in use.

done did everything im using prl 60683 dont know if thats the best for my area but whatever. ok so to recap changed to 4gv, changed proxy stuff to 0.0.0.0, manual prl to above mentioned,and have 3g turbocharger on experimental ........... i think the data must suck where i live or something cause it didnt help much.

Upvote 0
done did everything im using prl 60683 dont know if thats the best for my area but whatever. ok so to recap changed to 4gv, changed proxy stuff to 0.0.0.0, manual prl to above mentioned,and have 3g turbocharger on experimental ........... i think the data must suck where i live or something cause it didnt help much.

could be bad coverage in your area

Will the prl I put on reset when I do factory reset or only thru cdma

your prl will stay if you do a factory reset you can update the prl using cdma workshop or doing a ota prl update but doing so will give you a boost prl

for me, i only changed the URL parts, but not the port numbers. it caused me to not have any internet at all on 3g. lol

I put the normal server names back and havent played with it again yet. Been doing chores

i edited the proxy address's only as well seems to work best for me

Upvote 0
i edited the proxy address's only as well seems to work best for me

I ended up setting the proxy addresses to an empty string.
they report as <not set>

that worked for me. I'm assuming the result is the same, the system sees 0.0.0.0 as an invalid address so it skips using a proxy.
The port numbers are immaterial if there is no proxy to use the port number with.

Upvote 0
I ended up setting the proxy addresses to an empty string.
they report as <not set>

that worked for me. I'm assuming the result is the same, the system sees 0.0.0.0 as an invalid address so it skips using a proxy.
The port numbers are immaterial if there is no proxy to use the port number with.

true, really what this does is it removes you from sprints proxy servers that rewrite all the data slowing down your up/download speeds right?

Upvote 0
Follow the instructions closely is the key. Download prls by titling Googling 11115.prl. It will be under a site from batonrouge.com. ##7678# Turn on dm. Turn on cdma. Find your port in device manager. It will either be under ports or modems iswhere I found mine. Click connect at the middle top. Then read. It should do both. Then following directions above.

Upvote 0
Hahaha.... Chicken Tits...

and with a waffle iron? lol
I like this guy..

Just flashed it to check it out...
nice rom blood. really fast

@mavrik, think you got the wrong thread.

Wow did the vocoder thing and went with prl 1119 in the Chi also finally got around to nulling out the proxies under the hidden menu. Getting 1100k per second in a spot on my house that was basically a deadzone is so sick, big thanks for putting this all together. Even without the buildprop tweaks I'M getting great speeds. Everytime I think I'm done tweaking things something new comes up... And I love it! Android forums rocks and the Prevail community here is too sick! Thanks guys and keep up all the great work and support as always.

Reactions: foolishpoopdog
Upvote 0
ScreenShot.png
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones