• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 back down to 1.5 WITHOUT ROOT! (READ POST #102)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we clean up this thread of the useless posts? its detracting from the ops overall intent, since it wont be till the weekend I might even suggest locking it until then because this thread will be just like the "whens 2.1ota" threads that never end before the op even gets to release it.

No, we encourage discussion here at Android Forums. Let em' discuss all they want. Just take a look at the **Official HTC Incredible Thread**, it has over 46,000 replies to date. It wasn't closed and that thread was started months before we even knew of a release date.

Upvote 0
No, we encourage discussion here at Android Forums. Let em' discuss all they want. Just take a look at the **Official HTC Incredible Thread**, it has over 46,000 replies to date. It wasn't closed and that thread was started months before we even knew of a release date.

Very True, more often than not, Moderation should be used in Moderation.

If this is real, and someone has found a way to "Rollback" from 2.1 leak,
I would urge users to wait until one of us Devs has a chance to check it out or try it FIRST before taking the plunge yourself....
Some of us Devs have an Extra Eris and we can afford to brick our devices.
Or have the knowledge to read into it and know whether or not it is good to go.

Upvote 0

I would urge users to wait until one of us Devs has a chance to check it out or try it FIRST before taking the plunge yourself....
That's why I feel that it should be submitted to us first before it is publicly posted. It's really in everyone's best interest.

Upvote 0
Looks like we're going to miss out on some great, "I BRICKED MY *#&#!!* PHONE!" threads.

Oh, well..

:D

LOL....Never fear Frisco....In all my years at XDA and in ROM/Hacking/Mod community has taught me anything.....There will always be one ;)

That's why I feel that it should be submitted to us first before it is publicly posted. It's really in everyone's best interest.

True, and I would agree with you, but we should try our best to ensure that this is a "Free Place", if we start making people submit first....well lets just say that seems to be a slippery slope...

We will have to rely on users viewing our warnings, and then once we have made sure it is good to go, give the green light.

BTW Not trying to argue, just giving my 2 cents :)

Reactions: Romparoo
Upvote 0
Ok, OP here. For all those people that were worried about it not being legit because I was "being quite," sorry but I was sleeping (at 1 am :p) and was in school. I'm in the IB program so I don't really have time to check stuff on my phone during school hours.

However, I've read through all the comments and yea I'll send it to Trident before I post it locally. And I've talked to my cousin today and he said that he's got a lot of exams coming up so he hasn't even started on it. He said that he will get to it when he gets to it and wants me to stop bugging him. He isn't really into any "hacking forums" or anything like that so I guess he doesn't really know how much this could help people.

Reactions: Trident
Upvote 0
However, I've read through all the comments and yea I'll send it to Trident before I post it locally. And I've talked to my cousin today and he said that he's got a lot of exams coming up so he hasn't even started on it. He said that he will get to it when he gets to it and wants me to stop bugging him. He isn't really into any "hacking forums" or anything like that so I guess he doesn't really know how much this could help people.

Does he know that there is at least $130 promised to him? ;) Might make it more worth his time being a college student. I certainly remember those days, $50 seemed like striking it rich sometimes. :D

Upvote 0
LOL....Never fear Frisco....In all my years at XDA and in ROM/Hacking/Mod community has taught me anything.....There will always be one ;)

True, and I would agree with you, but we should try our best to ensure that this is a "Free Place", if we start making people submit first....well lets just say that seems to be a slippery slope...

We will have to rely on users viewing our warnings, and then once we have made sure it is good to go, give the green light.

BTW Not trying to argue, just giving my 2 cents :)

I understand what you're saying completely. It's likely best for members to wait for the devs to test it and give it either a thumbs up or a thumbs down before they try it themselves like you said.

Upvote 0
.. we should try our best to ensure that this is a "Free Place", if we start making people submit first....well lets just say that seems to be a slippery slope...

Indeedy, I agree. :)

Thus my query to Trident.

Upvote 0
Ok, OP here. For all those people that were worried about it not being legit because I was "being quite," sorry but I was sleeping (at 1 am :p) and was in school. I'm in the IB program so I don't really have time to check stuff on my phone during school hours.

Thats Good....
if and when you get the information, ship it over to Trident and Myself, and I will confer with him and we will ensure that it works or help furthur progress it.
I was part of the root effort for the Eris and Tatoo...so I am pretty proficent as well...
And bear in mind that you do not have to submit it to anyone first...
this would be only a courtesy.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

Hey...get us a pic on here for a good teaser. You tell that cousin that we will find him and storm the college if he doesn't take the community seriously. He's, potentially sitting on priceless knowledge. :D

Upvote 0
If I post it first, do I get the $130? What if instead of $130, I demand everyone change their avatars to I <3 jcase?

Well thats up to you, i wanted to give the OP a chance to come through but if you do have something and want to release it to the community, i'll stick by my offer. $100 to put an end to people posting about how they wish they had rooted instead of updating to the leak seems worth it to me. I just ask that you put a link to my site in the instructions as a sponsor of the instruction manual, that would be the only thing i would ask extra. Hey advertising is advertising ;)

Update: In fact lets go one step further to make it interesting, the first one who comes forward with a real rollback method gets the reward. The ops in this thread will decide who gets it if both are submitted at the same time.

Upvote 0

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back Einstein

And the reason You special "developers" couldn't figure this out is what?

Besides the fact that the whole this is BS to begin with!

Anyway, my 2 cents is.
The obvious 16 year old kid who made the original post is F.O.S. time will quickly prove this.
As was stated by somebody else, the typical forum bragger Red Flags of " I have a friend or my Cousin or I know somebody who knows somebody etc" gave it away immediately.

This and the many posts just like it are done for one reason only. So wannabee tech geek, know it alls can "Sword fight" with other wannabee tech geek, know it alls.

This thread and all the "Super Developers" boasts should be put in the circular filing cabinet with the rest of the "mine is bigger then yours" posts that swamp net forums

Boys and their toys - LMFAO

Reactions: ECLIPS3
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones