• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [20/12/2013] CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat [Beta 0.2]

I took another stab at porting the lexikon board files to 3.0, this time with a little bit more programming knowledge ;) and it is now *really* booting. This should fix the outstanding bugs we have, since I ported it to Evervolv's 3.0 kernel source, which they constantly update.

still WIP: https://github.com/jianC/android_kernel_htc_msm7x30-3.0

Upvote 0
Yes, kernel is updated but I have some issues with the adreno drivers (black screen, but I don't think it is panel issue because the panel works in recovery with 3.0 kernel).. I will try to update the adreno drivers within the next few days when I have time (I barely have any free time nowadays)

I tried my hand at porting lexikon board files to vivo 3.0 kernel source by htc for sense 4.0, it boots but there are some severe lag issues that is probably due to buggy pmem mapping. (that kernel source is here: https://github.com/jianC/kernel_htc_lexikon-3.0)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the hard work man, it's pretty awesome.

I have encountered a few issues I have found with the 20131221 build.
I flashed to this ROM from (your) CM9 ROM. (cm-9-20130908) where everything seemed to work fine. I am NOT using the device on a cellular network so I have NO information about GPS or Modem. (I could check GPS functionality if I thought of it though)

Issues with 20131221 build:

• Hardware keyboard backlighting doesn't work. (Hardware keyboard input mostly works)

• Phone doesn't unlock when keyboard is slid out. (May be a feature. I am missing the power button on my device so that made it easier!)

• Screen orientation doesn't seem to work. (Accelerometer)

The overall ROM seems to run smoothly. Hopefully a couple more bugs can get worked out! Thanks for the TONS of work you've put in.
edit:

• Can't mount as storage device. When attempting in settings (and storage) the system encounters a problem.

Reactions: scotty85 and jianC
Upvote 0
Yes, I am still OK, and I just fixed the touch issue (just had to revert to old synaptics_3k driver) with 3.0 kernel, but I rarely have free time anymore to work on this much, as much as I want to..

On a side note, i'm tinkering with amazon EC2 cloud servers so I can build android much faster than my current setup for a small price (.30 USD/hour for the setup i want) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones