• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A message to anyone on the fence about installing Bobz CM10

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Android Expert
Dec 25, 2012
ma
www.sneaky-media.com
Okay so I have been running cm 10 for the last 3 days on my lg motion 4G. This is absolutely 100 percent hey working complete daily use ROM. Everything works including the 4G even tho the indicator in the status bar does not switch to show a 4g connection. Sometimes, when the screen is set to full brightness the bank light does not completely shut off when the phone is locked, and occasionally, the caller ID is displayed in Chinese :p

Now for the PROS of installing this ROM (these are my personal opinions and things I have noticed after almost four days of use) :

1.) Nearly 100% increase in battery life, and I'm not exaggerating.

2.) Easily switch to any cm10 theme on the play store, for one touch customization.

3.) With firmware F I would have random reboots, like 4 times a day. Not anymore. Fixed.

4.) Since I installed firmware C, i was unable to download files through the Web browser and would have to use a download manager. Not anymore. Fixed.

5.) SpeedTest.net app reporting an increase in not only 4G connection speed, but ALSO WIFI!!! Speeds nearly 30% better on WiFi.

6.) A long list of apps that would not install on ICS will install on Jellybean, which is what your device is recognized as running by the play store.

7.) ITS JELLYBEAN FOR THE LG MOTION BITCHES!!

Lol, seriously though, if you can look past the couple of tiny bugs, which I'm sure will be fixed shortly, then download this, and flash it, it's well worth it.

SWORN OUT.

The only thing stopping me from using this is the sdcard scripts not working properly :(

Do you mean the BootBuddy SDcard binding script? I really love that script, and that would definitely keep me from using BobZCM10.

4G indicator doesn't switch... Sometimes...back light doesn't completely shut off... occasionally Caller ID is in Chinese
4G indicator is an annoyance, not a real problem. Caller ID in Chinese is the same. The back light not shutting off seems like it would kill your battery faster though. How often does that happen?

ITS JELLYBEAN FOR THE LG MOTION BITCHES!!

^This^ though :thumbup:

Upvote 0
For those saying that the GPS works fine, what are you flashing from? Did you wipe /system before flash? I've had call volume issues using CM10, never checked the GPS, but I'm wondering, because many people also say call volume is fine. (probably more a preference in volume, whereas GPS working or not is pretty cut and dry, but worth looking at)

Upvote 0
I have had this firmware for a few days, like you said, backlight, caller id, 4g icon. All minor and yes, battery life is great.

I haven't installed many apps on this FW and haven't tested GPS

one bug I encounter is proximity sensor don't work most time while in call, have to toggle power button to get LCD to turn on.

I think I will stick with this less a newer version is created.

Flashed from Stock VF rooted
Flashed VC Modem

Upvote 0
to the people saying GPS works: Are you actually trying the Maps/Navigation app? Because it just says "waiting for location" then it says it's unavailable

Yup, and mine works fine, but that's in NYC. That might change once I head out to the boondocks. Also, this might help, I swapped out my gps.conf file with that of an earlier build as per the advice of a fellow member. Not mentioning any names, but he said that the 5/21 build may be configured for European satellites. I saw a huge improvement in gps performance afterwards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones