• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A message to anyone on the fence about installing Bobz CM10

Yup, and mine works fine, but that's in NYC. That might change once I head out to the boondocks. Also, this might help, I swapped out my gps.conf file with that of an earlier build as per the advice of a fellow member. Not mentioning any names, but he said that the 5/21 build may be configured for European satellites. I saw a huge improvement in gps performance afterwards.

I said that too. ;)

Upvote 0
I just flashed Bobz's rom and I gotta say I'm impressed with the work that has gone into it.
There are however a few sore spots that I've seen:
  • There's no vibration for incoming calls/text messages
  • There's kind of a little lag for gps (I got gps to work just fine, it just derps a lot. I noticed that if you go to location settings [long-pressing the location toggle on dropdown] you can change the way the device gets your location to 'gps' which is for some reason unchecked.... I checked it and it works)
  • Low-ish in-call volume - if you put the volume on max you can hear the other person just fine - but using speakers even at max volume is less hearable.
  • Randomly starts the phone in airplane mode sometimes
  • (Probably not the rom's fault but...) Google play store tells me I don't have a connection but I can use the internet just fine...

Overall it works pretty well - I even flashed a few things in the rom and I am liking it so far.

Upvote 0
Can you explain exactly what you are talking about with the location settings? Trying to figure out what you mean but it isn't very clear
Oops - sorry.
When you turn on your phone and pull down the notification bar - if you hold down on the gps toggle button it should take you to the GPS setting page, or 'Location access'.

Now if you scroll all the way down you should see something saying "GPS source"
I just clicked that then "use internal gps."

For some reason that was not selected before - and it did seem to help me.
Maybe it's something that was unchecked for me but maybe not everyone else.

I don't know if that helps; I hope it does.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what it's called but i'm talking about the script that uses your external sdcard as the internal

Do you mean the BootBuddy SDcard binding script? I really love that script, and that would definitely keep me from using BobZCM10.
Hey, if you have any troubles with Boot Buddy running on CM, just make a post in the BB thread. I'll make sure you guys are running good.
:D

Upvote 0
I was wondering the same thing about the launcher. Prompted me to reinstall nova prime, because I like the extra docks too, i couldn't find a way to turn on infinite scroll for the home screens... Glad this thread encouraged you, that was absolutely what I was going for when I started it ;)

BTW bravia works but not a very noticeable difference

Upvote 0
A search of the forumbrought me here, so bought one of my motions second hand n it came with cm10, the camera quality kinda bad. N I can't use the can from with a text convo, but I can live with those issues. My biggest gripe is no incoming call vibration it does vibrate for incoming text though. Help please

Upvote 0
A search of the forumbrought me here, so bought one of my motions second hand n it came with cm10, the camera quality kinda bad. N I can't use the can from with a text convo, but I can live with those issues. My biggest gripe is no incoming call vibration it does vibrate for incoming text though. Help please

you have an older build of cm10. you should upgrade to a latest build.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much. I haven't flashed a ROM since my mda. But I'll try. Follow up question, being that this gone is already running a custom rom., all the necessary flash tools are probably already on the device rite. So just download the new cm10 n flash?

Correct, probably not a bad idea to format everything first though after you backup stuff that's important to you. To get to recovery either use reboot recovery in power menu or tap Volume down while phone is booting

Upvote 0
Can i ask this Little question???

Why does most here advertise more for bobs rom then others?

Why not say try them both out and see which one works best...All phones are different like people some will like one thing....While another will like something else.

when someone ask for an opinion they're looking for one rom you think is best. so why would you say try both when they asked for an opinion? this thread was posted before pg's thread existed.

Reactions: SwoRNLeaDejZ
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones