• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories for Extended Bat.

So you all know, the platinum series accessories we sell at best buy are exactly the same as seidios. Except with a different logo. So if theres a Best Buy nearby, you may want to stop buy. Why wait a week for a sedio case when you can pickup the identical case at best buy lol.

Do they make them for the extended batteries?

Upvote 0
Pouches are fail because they still lead to the same type of thing were trying to prevent. Im also looking for a case that has the space for the extended battery. I dont want one of those nerdly belt clip ones, and Im a thirty year old guy. lol. I had planned on going caseless till my phone fell from my pocket onto cement and the screen cracked....>.< <3 my Ghost armor though for keeping my glass ON my phone right now...lol

Edit: So, after searching through threads here, and googe/amazon/ebay, Ive found that the only cases that are made right now are the lame pouch things. I just sent an email to Casemate(Well, it was more like begging/pleading/trying to trade whats left of my soul) for them to make one for the extended battery. I wonder if they would do a group buy? lol. Ill post what I hear back from them. Hopefully its a link to their new product for the 2750 battery. lol.

You read my mind!! I'll pay five times more for a nice OEM extended battery case! Count me in for the group buy :D

Upvote 0
You read my mind!! I'll pay five times more for a nice OEM extended battery case! Count me in for the group buy :D

The response I received was generic.

"Thank you for contacting case-mate and your interest in our products. At this time, we do not have any specific information on when, or if, the item you are requesting might become available. Our product development team is always working on new products. I will gladly share your feedback/request with them!

At case-mate we thrive on customer feedback! We offer several ways for you to interact with case-mate as little or as much as you would like. You can share feedback or product comments directly with the development team at: http://feedback.case-mate.com. For real time updates on product releases and promotions you can follow us on Facebook at Case-mate | Facebook, or on Twitter at Case-Mate (CaseMate) on Twitter. Our community manager will let you know as soon as new cases are available on the site. You can also sign up for our newsletter at: Mailing List: The best selection of cases, holsters, screen protectors and accessories for Verizon iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 4, iPhone 3G/3GS, BlackBerry, HTC Phones, Google Phones and iPad at Case-Mate for the latest case-mate news, product releases, and product promotions.

Thank you again for your request and feedback!

Kind regards,

Fola A
Case-mate Customer Service
1-866-689-3432"

I actually kinda feel like calling their customer service and see if they can bounce me around. lol. Will it accomplish anything? Doubt it...however if Im bored it would be a time killer. lol.

Now to prove my point about the uselessness of the pouch cases for us with the extended battery, as well as the need for a shock eating case...

So, I was sitting there playing Angry Birds Rio, and I decided I needed to put it down for a bit. I locked my phone and was putting my phone in my pocket. I started sliding it in what I THOUGHT was my pocket...>.< I heard my phone drop and my heart followed it. Now, I havent had a touch screen before, and immediately assumed that my phone was toast at this point. Gladly, the build quality is better than the old enV's. The glass cracked, and the Ghost Armor I have on it is keeping it all together. Im trying to get it fixed through my insurance, and if not Imma send it to HTC. This is why the pouch cases are a waste of money if you cant have the shell case on the outside.

Attachments

• 0331112254b.jpg
    0331112254b.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 0331112255.jpg
    0331112255.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 0331112255a.jpg
    0331112255a.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
small review after the pics

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Well the case mate pop case came QUICK, like 4 days when it was 6-10 days free shipping. First thing I noticed was that no free screen protector was included. This is the first Case Mate case that did not come with one. The case is a silicon plastic shell combo but the two pieces are bonded together. It's feels like a very high quality case and provides the BEST protection that I have ever experienced. Better than the Case Mate Tough cases I uses to buy for my Nexus.

Sorry the pics suck I was in bad light and in a hurry. The pics at their website represent the case better and are very accurate to what you get.

My only issue with the case is that the damn thing holds on the Tbolt like it never wants to let go.:D Which is good...but bad for when you want to get it out often. You "pop" the Tbolt in but to get it out is not as easy. I've found that pushing on the case with my thumbs at the top and kinda working it until enough of the Tbolt comes out to where you can grab it is the best method(you can push on the camera to make this easier but I don't recommend that). You just have to be careful that you don't man-handle your device getting it out. If you plan on taking it in and out of the case a LOT, this may not be the case for you as it really takes care and effort.

The big upside is protection. You can lay it face down and the case raises the screen so as to keep it elevated from any surface. You can tell as soon as you place the Tbolt in this case that if you drop it on a corner, etc.., that it will be WELL PROTECTED. For me, it's better than the Otterbox Commuter or Case Mate Tough cases for the Nexus One in regards to true protection.

The rubber grips are fantastic and really make the case feel great in your hand. I really love this feature. It really gives it a high end feel. The smooth plastic shell makes pocketing very easy. All the cut-outs line up perfectly with the noise cancellation ports and microphones, etc..The volume buttons are easily depressed thru the case but the power button is a little harder. definitely noticeable if you are used to pressing the power button while naked.

Just sitting here and feeling this thing and looking at it, I really feel this is the best case I have ever purchased. I would have to give it a 8/10. one point off for being so hard to remove from the case and another point off because nothing is ever a perfect 10 :D This case comes close tho. If you leave your phone in the case most of the time, I highly recommend this case for the best protection you can really hope to get.

Hope this helps. :)

Just ordered one for my TB that will be here Tuesday. Your review got me to get it, so if I don't like it I will hold it against you LOL. Just kidding looks like a great case.

Upvote 0
So, Ive been buggin the crap out of Seido with requests for them to make an extended case. Ive emailed them, dropped in on their thread here, and posted on their facebook. Today they responded to my FB post with this.

"
Seidio commented on their Wall post.
Seidio wrote: "Hey, we're developing a rugged case for the thunderbolt. Let me get back to you later this week on extended cases for Surface and Active!""

EDIT-
Received this seconds ago:

"Seidio I got more accurate information for you. We are releasing a SURFACE extended and ACTIVE extended for use with the OEM extended battery for the Thunderbolt. You can sign up to htcmecha@seidio.com and we'll let you know when it releases!"

Upvote 0
I remember the Seidio case for the extended battery for the Incredible. Unfortunately it was totally worthless. I actually really like the extended case I've made out of the plastic case here. Just cut out the section of the back for the extended battery and it protects the phone as much as could be expected. And for under $20, best extended case you'll find on the market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones