• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ally fried on me

WhyMyAlly

Dec 31, 2010
My ally finally fried on me wouldn't even turn on with even a new battery installed. It kept getting worse with the issues I was having earlier then it fried my sd card. Then I had to buy another battery because all it did after a while was flash a blue led and would not come on. I took it to a verizon store and they said my 6mo old battery was bad so I had to buy a new battery. It started slowly killing the new one only charging to like 50%. One day the phone just turned off and got real hot and I ended up with on small crack in the screen. Verizon told me they would not warranty the phone because of the small crack so I ended up claiming it on my insurance program. They sent me another phone that's starting to do the same thing(wearing out the battery). Is anyone else having the same issues. Now it also freezes up for over a min sometimes and says I removed the memory card unexpectedly and the charger cord is loose making me loose my tether to the pc quite often. I'm not real happy with this lg phone as I was very pleased with lg's older clamshells I had b4. I ended up buying a buddies used fascinate phone for 100 dollars I wish I would have never claimed this phone on my ins policy. Maybe I will sell it on ebay or just keep it for a backup.

My ally finally fried on me wouldn't even turn on with even a new battery installed. It kept getting worse with the issues I was having earlier then it fried my sd card. Then I had to buy another battery because all it did after a while was flash a blue led and would not come on. I took it to a verizon store and they said my 6mo old battery was bad so I had to buy a new battery. It started slowly killing the new one only charging to like 50%. One day the phone just turned off and got real hot and I ended up with on small crack in the screen. Verizon told me they would not warranty the phone because of the small crack so I ended up claiming it on my insurance program. They sent me another phone that's starting to do the same thing(wearing out the battery). Is anyone else having the same issues. Now it also freezes up for over a min sometimes and says I removed the memory card unexpectedly and the charger cord is loose making me loose my tether to the pc quite often. I'm not real happy with this lg phone as I was very pleased with lg's older clamshells I had b4. I ended up buying a buddies used fascinate phone for 100 dollars I wish I would have never claimed this phone on my ins policy. Maybe I will sell it on ebay or just keep it for a backup.

And what can we all learn from this? Beware buying other peoples used electronic junk on ebay:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
And what can we all learn from this? Beware buying other peoples used electronic junk on ebay:rolleyes:

The phone was brand new bought at verizon store the replacement asurion sent was a messed up referb with loose connections. My best friend sold me his used fascinate but I have to wait until his billing statement is up in march to activate because it tells me its already activated even though he replaced the phone with a new htc thunderbolt 4g. God it must be nice to get the latest greatest. Sorry I didn't have it clarified enough.

Upvote 0
sounds to me like he had a line with verizon already and added a new line just to get the thunderbolt. which in my opinion is pretty stupid but thats just me... and if he activated the thunderbolt on his existing line with the fascinate then i dont see why you would have to wait till march to activate the fascinate. And IMHO getting the latest and greatest isnt always the best.

Upvote 0
I plan on keeping this other ally. I heard some things about ppls fascinates having radio problems limiting the internet connection severly. I did notice weaker signal in the same area that my ally was receiving full service and the fascinate never getting over 2 bars. The internet also rocks at 2.5 mb most of the time with moderate internet traffic. Then later on found out that the person that tried selling me the phone (luckily didn't pay for it yet) had it under a 2yr contract instead of buying it outright. I should have known they didn't pay the full list price of that handset and tried selling it to me for 100 dollars. I can't replace the full slideout keyboard to that ackward swipe crap samsung has. I don't need some overpowered micro gaming machine anyways. I don't even care if I have flash support. This is still for the money the best device in spite all the issues I had with the old one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones