• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alternative to HTC sync manager?

Russboy

Jun 14, 2012
Hi all,

Day 1 after an iphone & not going well, in fact the HTC may be boxed up and sent back unless I can sort this.

HTC sync manager after taking hours to load my pics, music (not videos yet) eventually crashes. Then if you try & open it again it just says "loading content" & having left it for 8 hrs overnight doesnt progress.

So i'm just about to give up but is there any other software I can use that will sync contacts from Outlook, picture albums, vids, music & playlists from itunes?

Cheers,

Russ

Russboy, I had the same problem. It was irritating hell out of me. I uninstalled and re-installed 3 times. Tried 2 different computers, 2 different USB cables and 4 different USB slots.

I downloaded HTC Sync and that didn't work.

I downloaded MyPhoneExplorer and while it worked, I couldn't see a function to sync playlists and media libraries. You can sync via WiFi though! Awesome.

However, I still took my phone back to be replaced as I want it to work with the genuine packaged product.

Good luck, I hope you get yours to work, I know how annoying it is. A factory data reset worked (when tried in store) but I wasn't satisfied it would still be working days later.

Upvote 0
Russboy, I had the same problem. It was irritating hell out of me. I uninstalled and re-installed 3 times. Tried 2 different computers, 2 different USB cables and 4 different USB slots.

I downloaded HTC Sync and that didn't work.

I downloaded MyPhoneExplorer and while it worked, I couldn't see a function to sync playlists and media libraries. You can sync via WiFi though! Awesome.

However, I still took my phone back to be replaced as I want it to work with the genuine packaged product.

Good luck, I hope you get yours to work, I know how annoying it is. A factory data reset worked (when tried in store) but I wasn't satisfied it would still be working days later.

I tried what you stated to no avail. I've been on the phone for over an hour twice with HTC. The first time they told me to download both Sync and Sync Manager which I did. Still didn't work. The second one just told me to setup the phone as a disk and move the files myself. Stupid answer since transferring my iTunes mp4 files will do nothing for the HTC. I'm ready to send back and go back to my iPhone.

Anybody have any better ideas?

Upvote 0
I tried what you stated to no avail. I've been on the phone for over an hour twice with HTC. The first time they told me to download both Sync and Sync Manager which I did. Still didn't work. The second one just told me to setup the phone as a disk and move the files myself. Stupid answer since transferring my iTunes mp4 files will do nothing for the HTC. I'm ready to send back and go back to my iPhone.

Anybody have any better ideas?

I share your frustration. I experienced everything you have except I didn't bother phoning HTC. But HTC Sync and Sync Manager both failed.

I ended up taking mine back and the store has now sent the phone away to be tested, if they decided the phone is faulty they will replace it with a new one.

The strange thing was, in store before handing it over, they tested it on their PC, did not connect. I then did a factory data reset to remove all my information, after which they tried it again and it connected.

I still opted to have it sent for testing as it did initially connect for me, but after 2 days it continuously failed to connect. I don't want to have to do a factory data reset every other day just to be able to perform an operation that should function without fault.

Take it back, demand a replacement or go back to the iPhone and wait for the iPhone 5.

Great phone, but such a fundamental task should not be so faulty.

Upvote 0
nevermind i figured below :)

turns out that if i select 'sync both' it will trigger the options during syncing for outlook contacts and others etc. and it'll sync to whatever you've selected after.
Cheers.

---------------
i was trying myphoneexplorer to port my contact from outlook to my phone but unsuccessful...

when i load the program and usb my phone, it showed all google contacts in the list. i went to settings and tried changing under sync, to have all the contact going from outlook to my phone, but then it didnt sync.
all it did was sync the google contacts to the phone which is not what i want.
can anyone tell me what i did wrong?

Upvote 0
I'm still surprised how many people use sync programs at all. I don't use playlists so I cant help there but dump the PC! Use google Music or Amazon MP3 (I use amazon so my wife can still get to music on he iPhone). Both of those have automatic sync software to move your library over the first time. Sync contacts, calendars, and email with gmail. Videos and photos with dropbox, Google+,Google Drive, Or Picasa.

After converting to services about 2 years ago I will never look back. I hated the fact that my phone needed a PC with I had a 3gs... The only reason I plug my phone into a computer now is to charge or do some file management via full screen.

Upvote 0
I had this problem for weeks with my new HTC one. Sync manager would import my iTunes library and allow me to send music to the phone but would not import photos from the phone onto my iMac - just froze at 57% sync.
Finally cracked it today - just turned off Auto Sync on the phone and reconnected to sync manager and hey presto all works perfectly!

Happy days

Steve

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Day 1 after an iphone & not going well, in fact the HTC may be boxed up and sent back unless I can sort this.

HTC sync manager after taking hours to load my pics, music (not videos yet) eventually crashes. Then if you try & open it again it just says "loading content" & having left it for 8 hrs overnight doesnt progress.

So i'm just about to give up but is there any other software I can use that will sync contacts from Outlook, picture albums, vids, music & playlists from itunes?

Cheers,

Russ

I just hit the "esc" key a few times and the logo screen went away and the program started.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones