• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3.4 for Samsung Galaxy Ace !

i updated my galaxy ace to 2.3.4 and my screen turns off randomly like every 5 minutes and i need to press power to turn on the screen, so i downgraded my phone to 2.3.3 and the problem is still there, anyone know how to fix this? (sorry for my bad English)

Ricardo, you just got yourself a really nice paperweight device, I recommend you to take it to your phone provider and claim the warranty, If you are lucky they will give you a new one.
There is not solution for that.

Upvote 0
Ricardo, you just got yourself a really nice paperweight device, I recommend you to take it to your phone provider and claim the warranty, If you are lucky they will give you a new one.
There is not solution for that.

ozzyraven i deeply recommend you check your answers, why is it a paperweight? its not bricked it still works, the guy was either simply had the lockscreen timeout set short, or firmware issue. why tell him to take to service center?

Upvote 0
Guys ,

Have successfully flashed with Gingerbread :D ...
Did a lot of jailbreaking on my iphone but was skeptical about this ...
Anyways all went well & thanks a lot Punit for the post :cool:.
My phone is working perfectly and no issues with anything , just that ...

Although i randomly keep getting this error message :eek: :-
"The application Device management (process com.wssyncmldm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.":thinking:

Any idea what's going on ??

Upvote 0
Hmm.. there was something wrong when you flashed i think, if you flash the ROM again, this error will no longer appear

The flashing was well-done , I backed up system data and user data and restored that through titanium . I think there is some mismatch in the data backed up by froyo and the data restored in gingerbread.

I am uninstalling some apps and re-installing them . Because IMHO the froyo apps may have some conflict running on Gingerbread , i think thats the issue .
Once the app is installed in gingerbread and mapped to the address and memory locations of that OS , then the issue might be fixed.

Lets see what happens .

Guys , do you think froyo apps will be mapped through titanium correctly to gingerbread ???

Won there be at least 1-2 conflicts ??

Upvote 0
New Firmware is out..!

S5830XXKPH - Android 2.3.4

build day: 3.6.2011

Credits : ingbrzy@XDA

Download: http://goo.gl/MqLvU

ROOT from Android 2.3.3 is working...!

Screenshot:

http://i56.tinypic.com/28l3pw.png

Advantages of this version:
1. In the service menu items are available again GPS settings.
2. In the standard browser now work Flash. (you can see how it work if open samsung.com on your ace`s browser)
3. Restored performance of not-original headset buttons.
4. camera quality better than KPE

Update: Mediafire Mirror for the FW
Password: ekache99

Credits for MF upload: ekache@XDA

Flashing Instructions:

1) Turn off your phone
2) Remove your SIM Card and SD Card
3) Extract previously downloaded firmware
4) Open ODIN 4.38 on your PC
5) Select from extracted archive: OPS-OPS, Boot-APBOOT, Phone-MODEM, PDA-CODE, CSC-CSC (leave EFS and One Package empty)
6) Connect your phone via USB into PC
7) When the screen is turned on hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN+HOME and wait until the phone enters the Download Mode
8) If ODIN detected and recognised your phone should light up the first square to the left side
9) Press "Start" button and wait, the process should take ~5 minutes
10) If all goes well your phone should reboot automatically
11) Square should change the color to blue and display "PASS" it means that flashing process was successful and we have the newest firmware
12) Disconnect your phone
13) Turn off your phone
14) Insert your SIM Card and SD Card again
15) Turn on your phone
16) Now you have the newest firmware!

pujitjuneja can you give a tutorial on how to extract previous firmware? I've always just flashed mine over the top so maybe i'm going wrong there.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
This firmware update popped up in my Kies today...

PDA : KPS /PHONE: /KP6 /CSC : KP2 (GBL)

Not sure if this is Gingerbread 2.3 or not as Kies now always loses connection with my phone after it downloads the update. It then connects to the phone again and asks if I want to update the firmware again and then proceeds to lose the connection again - this goes on and on in a never ending loop...

Any suggestions on how to keep the connection going between my phone and Kies? Also any thoughts about what firmware this might be?

Upvote 0
This firmware update popped up in my Kies today...

PDA : KPS /PHONE: /KP6 /CSC : KP2 (GBL)

Not sure if this is Gingerbread 2.3 or not as Kies now always loses connection with my phone after it downloads the update. It then connects to the phone again and asks if I want to update the firmware again and then proceeds to lose the connection again - this goes on and on in a never ending loop...

Any suggestions on how to keep the connection going between my phone and Kies? Also any thoughts about what firmware this might be?
That's not a Gingerbread update in Kies, but a new version of the existing Froyo.

Upvote 0
That's not a Gingerbread update in Kies, but a new version of the existing Froyo.

KP series is in fact GB, so the guy is right, GB is just not available in India yet, its out in europe/baltic

and as for your question, any lag would be mentioned in the first post, and the only thing that lags is the unlocking, that lags in even official GB, but otherwise its much better than FroYo, so go update ;)

Reactions: saurabh.gulati
Upvote 0
KP series is in fact GB, so the guy is right, GB is just not available in India yet, its out in europe/baltic

and as for your question, any lag would be mentioned in the first post, and the only thing that lags is the unlocking, that lags in even official GB, but otherwise its much better than FroYo, so go update ;)
Thanks buddy. Will get this done in a couple of days, and will bother you in case of any problems during the process. By the way, just realized your name is Pujit, not Punit, as mentioned by me in my previous post. Sorry for the error.

Upvote 0
Sorry for this noob question, coz I recently bought my first android phone which is Ace and I'm new to root, ROMs and stuff.

my question is:
Does doing this root my phone? because I followed the steps correctly and my phone shows xxKPE 2.3.4 but when I download superuser and other apps that need ROOT to run says "there is no root access."
does doing this give me root access? if not, how do i get root access?

thanks.

Upvote 0
Sorry for this noob question, coz I recently bought my first android phone which is Ace and I'm new to root, ROMs and stuff.

my question is:
Does doing this root my phone? because I followed the steps correctly and my phone shows xxKPE 2.3.4 but when I download superuser and other apps that need ROOT to run says "there is no root access."
does doing this give me root access? if not, how do i get root access?

thanks.

Hi Prodi-G,

You will have to root your device now after installing Gingerbread.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hey guys, it's my first time on an Android phone, and i'm quite a n00b as far as flashing etc. goes... So forgive me for asking some pretty dumb questions, just don't wanna mess my phone up :/

1.) how do i know if i need to root or unroot? what does it even mean?
2.) i have updated my stock Froyo to 2.3.3 Gingerbread via KIES, now having problems with Wi-Fi :( i want to upgrade to 2.3.4 since i've been hearing that those bugs are gone.

can someone please take the time to guide me step by step? Can give Skype or FB if it makes it easier 4 u to communicate :)

tnx in advance, and would apreciate a fast response since i can't use my WiFi and it drives me mad :( and sorry for my english, i'm from slovenia :)

Tnx!

Upvote 0
Hi

Just flashed my phone to 2.3.4

No unlock lag as of now and the phone works super smooth. Looks like the internal memory has been freed up a lot - only 25 MB used.

But I have an issue. Before flashing I had moved all my applications to the sd card. However the new FW does not read any of them now! It just shows 'No applications' in the Manage applications settings menu!

Please help!! Cheers and many thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi

Just flashed my phone to 2.3.4

No unlock lag as of now and the phone works super smooth. Looks like the internal memory has been freed up a lot - only 25 MB used.

But I have an issue. Before flashing I had moved all my applications to the sd card. However the new FW does not read any of them now! It just shows 'No applications' in the Manage applications settings menu!

Please help!! Cheers and many thanks!

manage applications only applies to apps allready installed you need to re-install on the new firmware, go to files explorer then sdcard and install them again:)

Reactions: rodeoz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones