• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.0.4 & Sense 4.1 update rolling out in Europe now.

I think this explains how it works. My interpretation is that it uses your wifi to retain functionality when you have 0 signal...

Thanks, it would appear it doesn't work on mine, i have it because it's an orange branded phone but im using 3mobile. Could this be why it's not working? Im switching it on and the little house icon on the notification bar is staying red instead of green.

Upvote 0
Thanks, it would appear it doesn't work on mine, i have it because it's an orange branded phone but im using 3mobile. Could this be why it's not working? Im switching it on and the little house icon on the notification bar is staying red instead of green.

do you normally get any signal wherever you use it? because if so, it will turn red and will not work

Upvote 0
do you normally get any signal wherever you use it? because if so, it will turn red and will not work

No, in a certain part of my house the signal drops out and it is still doing it, the icon just stays red.

In that link you posted it says that once you turn it on it is red for 60 seconds then it goes green.

Is there something else i need to switch on or off re the wifi settings or whatever?

Upvote 0
right
not tried the signal boost as i seem to be ok on that front. As to where it is if you go into your app draw or page mine is showing in the 1st page and its the 1st app

on a other note my sister is a t-mobile user and on her update she got ea games
i have also noted that they have moved the pdf viewer maybe that got a upgrade too?

Upvote 0
Are you sure this is new, Signal Boost has been available on my One X (on T Mobile in the UK) since the day I got it in May? On the other hand I don't recall having Google Gesture Search on my phone in 4.0.3 (I did have Gesture Search but not, iirc, a Google version) but a few hours after 4.0.4 installed I was prompted to update the app. I must check whether the update has fixed the remote factory reset vulnerability that's been the subject of so much discussion lately.

Upvote 0
Hiya

From Android site
A new look for Search.

With Jelly Bean, a redesigned experience uses the power of the Knowledge Graph to show you search results in a richer way. It's easier to quickly get answers and explore and browse search results.
I do not see the new improved 'experience' but this one is identical to the old version before the update.

Updated with the 'Orange' (Orange branded) update to android version 4.0.4 and sense 4.1. Am I right in thinking this is not Jelly bean, as that would be 4.1 ?:thinking:

Boilerhouse

Upvote 0
Hi guys can anyone explain why my software number is different to everyone else
Screenshot_2012_10_10_17_05_58.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones