• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Oreo Update

I hear that the LG V20 will get Oreo in early 2018
T-Mobile released the Oreo update on September 28, 2018. It installed on my LG V20 yesterday without any issues except the ones I noticed anyway with a newer device I bought that came with Oreo already installed.

Hope that helps. I believe Verizon and maybe Sprint have released it for LG V20 as well from what I saw when I was searching a few days ago.

Upvote 0
Too me Oreo has been a pain in the backside. The biggest change I have noticed has been battery life and the serious decline. Prior to Oreo on a good day (a really good day) I got 12-16 hours. But normally I got 8-12 hours. I installed Oreo and suddenly I am getting 9-11, then 8-10 and then it dropped 6-8 and then a few weeks ago I was getting 3-6 hrs. I factory reset a dozen times, ran the phone with the only apps that came installed didn't down load anything from the play store or install the LG bloatware apps. I checked battery usage and nothing seem to help. The battery issues has been only one problem. Apps crashing, phone freezing up, screen going dark, phone shutting down or weird message such account not found or can not connect with Google are other issues.
I factory reset about a month ago and I am back to 12+hours a day (only because 8-10 hours my phone is off because I am working (driving)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones