• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Tablet as Good as My Phone?

aarelovich

Lurker
Mar 2, 2022
Hi!

I want to play a Nintendo DS emulated game. The game can only now be played due to a translation patch that came out.

I have two android devices

Phone Moto G9 Plus XT2087-1
Android 11
4 GB RAM
Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G (SM7150-AB) (8nm)
Adreno 618

Android Tablet
Lenovo TB-X505F
Android 10
2 GB RAM
Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 (12 nm)
4xA53 up to 2.02 GHZ
Adreno 504 GPU

The problem is simple. I want to play in my tablet (phone screen is too small) but the game runs really slow. However in my phone it works perfectly fine. Given the hardware specs for my phone, What tablets would you recommend with hardware specs similar to my phone?

Hi!

I want to play a Nintendo DS emulated game. The game can only now be played due to a translation patch that came out.

I have two android devices

Phone Moto G9 Plus XT2087-1
Android 11
4 GB RAM
Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G (SM7150-AB) (8nm)
Adreno 618

I think any tablet that has that Snapdragon or better processor in it. e.g. the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro has Snapdragon 730G, and 6GB RAM. So it should run that DS emulated game no problems.There's quite a few Lenovo and Samsung tablets, with pretty decent specs.

Android Tablet
Lenovo TB-X505F
Android 10
2 GB RAM
Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 (12 nm)
4xA53 up to 2.02 GHZ
Adreno 504 GPU

The problem is simple. I want to play in my tablet (phone screen is too small) but the game runs really slow. However in my phone it works perfectly fine. Given the hardware specs for my phone, What tablets would you recommend with hardware specs similar to my phone?

That's really a budget device, with a lesser performance processor, and also less RAM than your phone. There's quite a few Lenovo and Samsung tablets, with rather decent specs, and more than enough power to run your game. Like the above mentioned Lenovo Tab P11 Pro

Upvote 0
I'm having a similar problem with my own tablet (a Surface Go 3 running both Windows and Android): One of my more demanding video-games can get slow on my tablet, after it's been running long enough to make my tablet's back hot. So I've ordered a cooling fan for my tablet, this cooling fan. My understanding is: You put a magnetic sticker on the back of the tablet, and that sticker allows you to easily attach and detach the fan to the tablet.

I can not vouch for this product yet, because I haven't received it (the package is still shipping). But after I receive it and try it out, I'll let you folks know how it's worked. If I don't by the end of March, someone remind me to update this post.

Point is: You may not need a new tablet @aarelovich. You may just need a way to get more power out of the tablet you have, such as a colling fan.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones