• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another Update after 2.1

Upvote 0
Hey there, I thought I'd leave some useful information for you :)
I got chatting with Sony Ericsson.

Chat Transcript
Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
You have now been connected to an agent.

Agent Patricia: Hi, thanks for choosing Sony Ericsson Chat Support. My name is Patricia. I'll be glad to help you with your question today. I'll be right back to you with more information in a moment.

Simon: Ok thanks.

Agent Patricia: Do you have the Android 2.1 update?

Simon: Indeed I do

Agent Patricia: In that case, you have the latest operating system. You don't need to worry about the firmware. It may not be for your area.

Simon: Oh right as I herd from some people this new firmware is better, you get a new keyboard, it runs a little faster, the unlock animation is more responsive and the bluetooth is fixed :s, but also why would the Sony Ericsson update also say there is a new update if we don't need it ?

Agent Patricia: The updates are not meant for all areas. It depends on the service provider as well.

Simon: Oh okies, thanks for your help :)

Agent Patricia: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Simon: Nope that's ok :) i got everything i wanted to know.

Agent Patricia: Thank you for choosing Sony Ericsson. I'm happy I could help. Have a great day! If you require more information please visit our Support Forum at Main: Community: Support Forum.
hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones