• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Another upgrading to ICS thread

lenOx

Lurker
Jun 12, 2012
Hey guys, sorry for yet another thread, but I did spend a few hours reading the material here to try and figure some things out, but can't be sure.

Anyway, I got my Galaxy S2 today and it's on the 2.3.5 Gingerbread and I obviously want to keep up to date and put the latest ICS on it.

I've read countless amounts of guides and even YouTube videos, but there's too many firmware versions(?) to choose from.

I've tried using the OTA and the Kies program, but it says I have the latest already.

The *#1234# brings up this:
PDA: I9100 XWKJ1
PHONE: I9100 XXKI4
CSC: I9100 OJVKJ1

and Kies says:
Current firmware version: PDA:KJ1 / PHONE:KI4 / CSC: KJ1 (ECT)
Latest firmware version: PDA:KJ1 / PHONE:KI4 / CSC: KJ1 (ECT)

I've read the thread to see if I am eligible, and from what I saw/read and I believe I am(?)

I really don't know what I'm meant to look at just to get to the latest ICS on my device. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I read this: [Stock Official ICS Firmwares] I9100XWLPG (4.0.3) - Nordic Countries (NEE) [01-06-12] - xda-developers

And this:
http://synapses.co.za/installing-ice-cream-sandwich-samsung-galaxy-s2/

And I was about to get that firmware and install it using Odin. I'm also unlocked!

But I'm pretty confused now! Any help would be gladly appreciated!

ICS for CSC code OJV, (for Bahrain/Turkey), has been out for awhile, see post #2, here.

There are a number of reasons that you may not be able to receive this update, as outlined in post #1, here.

You could take your phone to the nearest Samsung Service point and explain your predicament and ask them to upgrade it for you.

Alternatively, you can download the OJV firmware for Bahrain or Turkey and flash it via Odin, as described in post #1, here.

To use the Nordic Countries, (NEE), firmware and language packs, see here.

Reactions: lenOx
Upvote 0
Cheers @ironass

I actually had a read of that guide too. But is there anything else I should be looking at? Such as the codes I have posted, or I can just follow that guide (http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-ph...-sandwich-on-your-samsung-galaxy-s2-50006766/) and use that Turkey firmware you have posted above. I'm just looking for the latest ICS with English. Will I achieve that using this guide and that firmware?

@vosg, I tried that at first but it said I had the latest already, which it clearly wasn't.

*EDIT* Just came across this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1602579

Would that work? Installing "XWLPG" to my phone?

Upvote 0
Do the codes matter though? Does anything have to match with the codes that I posted in the OP?

Only the CSC code matters if you want to update your firmware without losing warranty.

CSC: I9100 OJVKJ1

Flashing a firmware, other than that intended for your CSC code, will void your warranty. See post #1, here.

Upvote 0
Alright great! I'll download that Turkey firmware you linked and install that using Odin.

And I'll use this guide, but with that firmware: How to install Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Galaxy S2 | Reviews | CNET UK

Correct? I just want to be absolutely 100% sure.

That is correct. However, I would like to reiterate my warning from post #1, here.

However, this is for experienced and competent users, as it is not without risk, and will void your warranty if you are flashing a firmware other than that intended for your CSC code.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones